Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: learning more about the eagles

Border Troubadour

Default Re: learning more about the eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    tlr - They do usually cut the last verse of 7BR. However, there is a pause before they go into they go into the full version of How Long, so I don't consider it to be a medley. But FWIW, I do wish they would sing the last verse of 7BR, of course.
    Ah, fair enough. That does seem a bit odd then: if they went straight into the opening chords of How Long then that would make sense but if you're going to pause and ready yourself then why not just play the final 30 seconds of the song?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I've often wondered why they don't sing the entire thing. Before the HOTE tour, they played it all the time, the shortened version, and it was an abbreviated set list.

The pause gives them time to acknowledge the applause. Even if they went straight into How Long, the crowd would still applaud because how could they not?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

My view on medleys: if it's between hearing half the song and not hearing it at all, then I'll take half the song.

Dang, I miss Seven Bridges Road / How Long.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Yes, and the more you know, the more you will WANT to know!

I must say the 'After Hours' CD is incredibly relaxing and I often fall asleep listening to it.
    that is exactly whats going on. i want to know a LOT more lol you know whats weird also i did see After Hours being advertised and i didnt really pay it no mind all because i thought it was a greatest hits record. but now im excited because i have yet more material to cover

Banned

When they performed Seven Bridges Road, the audience would invariably give a big cheer when the music stopped, then realise that the song hadn't ended when the band started singing the last accapella verse. This meant the cheer at the end of the song becomes a little unsure and a little more muted than the cheer before the song ended. I'm not surprised the band skip the last verse.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    When they performed Seven Bridges Road, the audience would invariably give a big cheer when the music stopped, then realise that the song hadn't ended when the band started singing the last accapella verse. This meant the cheer at the end of the song becomes a little unsure and a little more muted than the cheer before the song ended. I'm not surprised the band skip the last verse.
    are there different versions of this one? i can never seem to find any.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    That is true, F50. Whenever I hear the crowd cheering at that time I want to tell them to shut up, the song's not over!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten