Page 137 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1742

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Border Rebel

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Thanks for the link; I too enjoyed this greatly.

They were still playing James Dean in 1976? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ujhpf9vnc
    They played it at Indiana University in October 1979 on the Long Run tour. May have been played there because James Dean was from Indiana. I read that in the concert review from a local paper

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    The (electric) piano part in the studio version is different. Glenn didn't play it. Was it Jim Ed Norman?
    Yes it was

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Thanks for the link; I too enjoyed this greatly.

They were still playing James Dean in 1976? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ujhpf9vnc
    It's a great song. Love the attitude in it, kind of fits mine, lol.

I think they played it on the F1 tour for a bit. I remember seeing a video of it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I must have seen it played on various videos. This probably says more about the quality of my memory than anything about how much evidence there is around about JD being played at various times.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    It's a great song. Love the attitude in it, kind of fits mine, lol.

I think they played it on the F1 tour for a bit. I remember seeing a video of it.
    I saw them play back in 2003 in Philly, but that was one Eagles concert I don't have very fond memories of. The band was fine, the people around totally obnoxious to the point that their singing and screaming overpowered them. F1 was probably the last time they played it.

This is such an incredible performance of "Outlaw Man." Glenn's vocals are fabulous, and he really does give a clinic on rock piano. How do you have your keyboard work stand out in this very on-fire band? Listen to this song. I don't think I've ever seen DH wail on the drums like he does here. He was putting a hurt on those things! Randy's bass was spot-on, too, and it's just a great performance.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks so much for sharing that!!! Awesome performance!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I caught the "In a '56 Chevrolet" lyric (instead of "riding night and day") and I know that was in the David Blue original. As far as I can tell, everything else is the same as the Eagles recorded version except for some extra "It only looks like rain" at the end. I was surprised at how many differences there are between the original and the Eagles recording. A verse dropped and a verse added, words rearranged, and David Blue was heading to San Francisco not Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    I saw them play back in 2003 in Philly, but that was one Eagles concert I don't have very fond memories of. The band was fine, the people around totally obnoxious to the point that their singing and screaming overpowered them. F1 was probably the last time they played it.
    They played James Dean on the F1 tour? I didn't think they played this at all after the 70s. It seemed to me that certain songs like James Dean, Good Day in Hell, and Outlaw Man, for example, were dropped out of the setlist post-reunion. I've wondered if this is because they only played the big hits after that, or did they feel like they were too old to perform these anymore. There is something about the above three songs that says youth to me.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    They played James Dean on the F1 tour? I didn't think they played this at all after the 70s. It seemed to me that certain songs like James Dean, Good Day in Hell, and Outlaw Man, for example, were dropped out of the setlist post-reunion. I've wondered if this is because they only played the big hits after that, or did they feel like they were too old to perform these anymore. There is something about the above three songs that says youth to me.
    They didn't play at every show, but they did at this particular one. They also played "Turn To Stone" which was a nice surprise. However, from my remembrances of this one, I have more bad memories from it than good ones. The set list was fantastic, the performances not their best (Glenn had pitch problems throughout most of the night on his lead vocals) and the crowd was just obnoxious. And it was 100 degrees outside and not much cooler inside!