Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Think LROOE died a death after they omitted it from HOTE, if material doesn't get revived for a celebration of your entire catalogue then it's in trouble.

Whilst I would be partial to having the superb How Long back in the set, I believe Henley doesn't care for Busy Being Fabulous, who I would guess now has a rather firm grip on their performance. I also think a lot of it doesn't fit too well with their 70s work / current set: I can't imagine there's much hope for the likes of uber-gentle Waiting in the Weeds or the utterly wonderful but light years long title track being brought back in a sea of Already Gone and Witchy Woman for example.

Stuck on the Border

I feel like I should be whispering - some more videos have been posted and they are from a good angle - slightly elevated and from Timothy's side. They show the entire front line (ie you can see Timothy and Steuart) as well as many of the backing musicians. During LITFL, Joe attempts to kick Steuarts's butt. Less good for watching the least vocalist but great for seeing how they work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    Why do you think that again there were no songs from LROOE?
    It would have been good to hear How Long or Busy Being Fabulous.
    To tell the truth. I thought they might bust into How Long because usually when they sing Seven Bridges Road, How Long follows, but who would sing How Long with Don since it was co-lead song.

They did play How Long a few times on the HOTE tour. The Forum(only one show and I think that was January 15th), Stateline, NV concert and a few shows in Europe(mostly the festival shows).

If they ever play a song from LROOE, it will be How Long.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-21-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    To tell the truth. I thought they might bust into How Long because usually when they sing Seven Bridges Road, How Long follows, but who would sing How Long with Don since it was co-lead song.

They did play How Long a few times on the HOTE tour. The Forum(only one show and I think that was January 15th), Stateline, NV concert and a few shows in Europe(mostly the festival shows).

If they ever play a song from LROOE, it will be How Long.

They did open with How Long at the Wang Center in Boston in September, as well. It was during the HOTE tour, but it was a benefit for Walden Woods so the song choices were a little different. They also did Dirty Laundry that night.

I can't imagine them doing it now, since as Shun said, Don and Glenn sang the co-leads on it.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    They did open with How Long at the Wang Center in Boston in September, as well. It was during the HOTE tour, but it was a benefit for Walden Woods so the song choices were a little different. They also did Dirty Laundry that night.

I can't imagine them doing it now, since as Shun said, Don and Glenn sang the co-leads on it.
    Thanks, maryc2130. I did see that on setlist.fm and we know its not always accurate. I forgot that was the Walden Woods benefit concert.

They might had Deacon sing it with Don. It seems a little suitable for his voice. I need to go back watching the videos I saved to see how well Deacon blended with Don when Don is harmonizing. I heard him with Vince and they blended good.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-21-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm not surprised there were no songs from LROOE because they eliminated them from the HotE tour and I guess we'll never know why. There are several from it that I love.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

I'm not sure where to post it, but I just saw that Classic Northwest is going to happen on Sept 30, at Safeco Field in Seattle. Eagles and Doobie Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    I'm not sure where to post it, but I just saw that Classic Northwest is going to happen on Sept 30, at Safeco Field in Seattle. Eagles and Doobie Brothers.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Is that it or will there be more bands?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

It's a pity about LROOE songs. There are some great songs on the album, and IMHO it's an important part of their history.

EDIT: It was interesting reading through the whole thread. Though, disappointing to see that I've missed out on ALL of the youtube videos. Hopefully there will be a DVD at some point.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 07-23-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Sounds like according to the Variety article there will be more of an official announcement tomorrow but does sounds like they're going out on more dates with just a few of the bands at other baseball stadiums. I actually probably would go (as would a lot of my family) if they do end up playing in Ohio and since it's at the stadiums that leaves Cincinnati's Great American Ballpark (where I saw Paul McCartney) and Cleveland's as options.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."