Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
It's nice that we have his solo work to listen to. I agree that it doesn't seem right that he only sings ballads, but as he has said on more than one occasion "I have my place in the band" I always took that to mean that he knew when he joined that he would mostly be singing high harmony and playing bass.I don't think he was under any illusions that it would be more than that, and he's ok with that. It doesn't mean that he doesn't wish he could sing more, but after years of singing lead and writing songs for Poco, he has had far more commercial success and made more money with the Eagles.
Even if he resented the fact that he doesn't sing more leads, he's not about to rock the boat. Fielder did, and look what happened to him. I think Timothy and Joe both had a rough time after the Eagles stopped in the 80s, and both are grateful to have a steady, well paying gig
I didn’t mean that Timothy should rock the boat. He’s little more than a sideman in the band, so he obviously can’t rock the boat. Of course, I’m sure he’s happy with the money he makes. What I meant is that it's a shame that Timothy has been underrated and underused by Glenn and Don Henley. He’s such a great singer. After all, “I Can’t Tell You Why” was a hit, and “Love Will Keep Us Alive” was a little hit too. It seems that people love to hear him sing.