Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lefsetz Loves It!

Stuck on the Border

He certainly appears to think that Don is the only member of the band.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    And DF - I think Lefsetz has a man-crush on Don.
    You think? I've known that for years--ever since he wrote that piece about Don & Stevie singing Leather & Lace together.

What can I say--Don has universal appeal.

For those who haven't read it, here is what Lefsetz said about Leather & Lace (sorry, Soda, for his disparaging comments about Stevie. I guess he was too distracted by Don. )
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

From The Lefsetz Letter, Bob Lefsetz, July 11, 2006:

"Leather and Lace"
    Stevie Nicks (With DON HENLEY!)

"When I cut my record, which is never going to happen, since musical talent is God-given, and I don't have it, I'm going to call Irving Azoff and ask him to get Don to duet with me, AT LEAST do harmonies.

Stevie Nicks is a minor talent. Here and there on Fleetwood Mac albums she shined. But left alone, she just didn't have enough good material. On her debut, the big hit was "Edge Of Seventeen". I can't even listen to that today. The Petty cover of "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" is a killer.

But the essence of the album is this, "Leather and Lace". It sounds like they're singing in a dell. In farmland. Stevie is telling her story, and then from over the hill, from around the corner of the barn, comes Don Henley. He sings:

"You in the moonlight
    With your sleepy eyes
    Could you ever love a man like me"

YES! And I'm STRAIGHT!

Listening to this you know why girls all over the world lifted their skirts for Don Henley. Something this pure, something this REAL, rarely comes alive. And when it does, you just want to get CLOSER."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, the line forms behind me, Lefsetz!

Stuck on the Border

'Shined'?

The word is 'shone'.

It is good to see a writer who admires Don so much, I will say that.

Hmmph! "Minor talent"! AS IF!

I think he's just jealous that Stevie got to knock platform boots with Don while Lefsetz can only sigh longingly, fantasizing that he's traipsing through a dell holding Don's hand.

Lefsetz's version of WITW: "And I imagine sunlight in Don's hair, we're at the country fair, we're holding hands and laughing..."

ETA: His visualizations are different from mine, that's for sure. I don't think of farmlands and barns when I hear that song. I think of two people, "face to face," having an intimate conversation in her house... you know, the one he walked into and knew he never wanted to leave. Perhaps he strokes her face a little as he sings to her.... sigh.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Lefsetz's version of WITW: "And I imagine sunlight in Don's hair, we're at the country fair, we're holding hands and laughing..." lol

Either version works for me, Soda!