Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I can't forget how they introduce it in HFO. "We just came up with it an hour ago. The 3rd verse is multiple choice."

And your remark reminds me- when they introduce it, Glenn says WE made it up....but isn't Don the only one credited on the album & DVD? (Sorry if this was discussed when we were talking about song writing credits a couple of weeks ago-I kind of tuned that discussion out when it got ugly).
    It is credited to Don & Stan Lynch. I think Glenn was trying to be 'supportive' or whatever by saying 'we' (aren't you glad that he did not say 'I' this time....). There are a few more recent songs which Don also wrote with Steuart Smith, not Glenn, & I still feel uneasy about that, but Glenn has credits on his own & with Jack Tempchin, so it works both ways.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It is credited to Don & Stan Lynch. I think Glenn was trying to be 'supportive' or whatever by saying 'we' (aren't you glad that he did not say 'I' this time....). There are a few more recent songs which Don also wrote with Steuart Smith, not Glenn, & I still feel uneasy about that, but Glenn has credits on his own & with Jack Tempchin, so it works both ways.
    I really wouldn't care if he had said "I", to be honest. I got the impression from Glenn & Don's remarks that they had just written it backstage or something. Maybe they were exaggerating but if not, does that mean Stan Lynch was back there with them and he and Don just whipped this out? Very cool!!

I do wish to ask you, if you don't mind answering, why you "feel uneasy" about the fact that Don has wrote songs with Steuart?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I do wish to ask you, if you don't mind answering, why you "feel uneasy" about the fact that Don has wrote songs with Steuart?
    Don't know about FP's reasons, but mine was along the lines of 'why not Glenn?' It's probably a lot of reasons, but I did wonder and worry when I first got the CD and didn't see many Henley/Frey songs.

I wonder if now, after working on the DVD and taking that trip back through history, if Glenn and Don could write more magic together more easily. I doubt we'll ever find out since they don't seem to want to put out another album. In my own personal opinion that has very little facts to support it, I feel that while they may have put behind them whatever happened between them during The Long Run album, they haven't totally gotten over it. Regardless of what either of them have said through the years, there apparently is no going back and picking up where they left off. I guess that's fair since few people can ever do that.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

I really wouldn't care if he had said "I", to be honest. I got the impression from Glenn & Don's remarks that they had just written it backstage or something. Maybe they were exaggerating but if not, does that mean Stan Lynch was back there with them and he and Don just whipped this out? Very cool!!

I probably should have said 'we made it up' meant they 'arranged' it half an hour ago, not they 'wrote' it.

I think they should just do all of their songs. And I mean ALL of them!!!

I know I've answered this question before, but since we're so close to the new tour... I'm really hoping for some deeper cuts, the return of a few hits (NKIT) and some they've never played (WDIDWMH at the top of my personal list, but I'd take almost anything).

Would dearly love to hear Tim doing 3 leads.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

would love Timothy B doing a LOT of songs

Well I guess I'll take a shot at making a setlist. I like the idea of it being chronological (more or less) too, seems like that would flow very well.

Take it Easy (with Bernie; In my opinion a great opening song with great energy)
    Witchy Woman
    -Glenn addresses the crowd and introduces Bernie-
    Peaceful Easy Feeling (Bernie exits afterwards)
    Tequila Sunrise
    Desperado
    Already Gone
    Best of My Love
    Lyin' Eyes
    One of These Nights
    Hotel California

-Intermission-

Victim of Love (Amazing song to open the 2nd half, and hasn't been played in a while)
    New Kid in Town
    Wasted Time (Henley's best vocal performance. Period)
    Life's Been Good
    Heartache Tonight
    In The City
    Those Shoes (Let's face it, this kicked ass at the Millennium Shows. I'd love to hear this)
    I Can't Tell You Why
    The Long Run
    The Boys of Summer
    Love Will Keep us Alive
    -Encore-
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Get Over It (I desperately want to hear this live)
    Busy Being Fabulous
    How Long

Kind of a shorter set list, but this list more than likely won't happen anyways. It's hard fitting in stuff like Walk Away and Funk #49 with a chronological set list (sorry Joe fans) Lol.

I wonder why fortune smiles on some, and lets the rest go free

Out on the Border johnnycomelately89's Avatar

i really hope joe plays some songs from analog man! maybe wrecking ball or funk #50 as a reprise if they play funk #49? love me some joe walsh tearing that guitar to shreds.
    They will never forget you til somebody new comes along

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Henley View Post
    Well I guess I'll take a shot at making a setlist. I like the idea of it being chronological (more or less) too, seems like that would flow very well.

Take it Easy (with Bernie; In my opinion a great opening song with great energy)
    Witchy Woman
    -Glenn addresses the crowd and introduces Bernie-
    Peaceful Easy Feeling (Bernie exits afterwards)
    Tequila Sunrise
    Desperado
    Already Gone
    Best of My Love
    Lyin' Eyes
    One of These Nights
    Hotel California

-Intermission-

Victim of Love (Amazing song to open the 2nd half, and hasn't been played in a while)
    New Kid in Town
    Wasted Time (Henley's best vocal performance. Period)
    Life's Been Good
    Heartache Tonight
    In The City
    Those Shoes (Let's face it, this kicked ass at the Millennium Shows. I'd love to hear this)
    I Can't Tell You Why
    The Long Run
    The Boys of Summer
    Love Will Keep us Alive
    -Encore-
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Get Over It (I desperately want to hear this live)
    Busy Being Fabulous
    How Long

Kind of a shorter set list, but this list more than likely won't happen anyways. It's hard fitting in stuff like Walk Away and Funk #49 with a chronological set list (sorry Joe fans) Lol.
    It's a shame you only have Glenn singing two & a half songs in the second set. That is the problem with chronological order. I guess that is basically why I don't want it to be in that order unless more LROOE songs are included (Glenn's songs).

Also we are really hoping for deep cuts & not just the obvious hits on this tour.
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-30-2013 at 09:02 PM.