Page 99 of 273 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Was thinking about that concert again this morning. Does anyone know if more footage was shot? Would love to someday see more of it.
    A friend of mine who was at one of those concerts in 1977 at the Capital Centre said he didn't count how many songs they filmed, but that eight seemed about right. He said the cameras were there, they filmed some songs, then the cameras and the band left the stage and folks were worried they were done. He said they did come back on stage and sing other songs, without cameras.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    A friend of mine who was at one of those concerts in 1977 at the Capital Centre said he didn't count how many songs they filmed, but that eight seemed about right. He said the cameras were there, they filmed some songs, then the cameras and the band left the stage and folks were worried they were done. He said they did come back on stage and sing other songs, without cameras.
    Thanks VA

Makes sense that they would release everything they had on that dvd, if they were finally going to open the vaults. It just made me greedy for more

Quote Originally Posted by HiredHand
    Their thoughts on leaving the band.
    OK - next time I watch it, I'll try to pick out a few sound bites for you!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    OK - next time I watch it, I'll try to pick out a few sound bites for you!

Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Thanks VA

Makes sense that they would release everything they had on that dvd, if they were finally going to open the vaults. It just made me greedy for more
    On the other hand, my friend may have been too drunk or high to remember it exactly! One never knows. I talked to him about something else a little while ago and he mentioned they left the stage before TIE and it took them a long time to come back out, which isn't exactly what he told me last week.
    VK

I think they might've filmed more, because at one point during the documentary there is a short clip of Glenn with his black Gibson Les Paul from the concert but in the 8 songs on the bonus DVD he doesn't play it. He's either playing an acoustic or on the keys. Idk though.

One thing that kinda amazed me was that Szymczyk actually called Felder "Fingers", idk maybe it's the fact that someone actually called him that and I heard it with my two lil ears instead of having read it, but it just surprised me.

Love the footage of them playing "Get You in the Mood" and "Tryin" in Aspen.

Don and Glenn didn't come off as mean or anything to me as they did to others, fans and non-fans alike. They came off as honest and truthful, telling their side of things.

I've come to the conclusion that Jackson Browne ages slower than regular human beings.

It was nice to hear Randy and Bernie.

Footage from the Long Run Era, yes it was brief, was nice.

Amazing documentary but I do wish they would've gone more into detail about their songs and how they came about. Kinda like The Beatles did in Anthology (yes I know that's an 8 disc DVD set while this was 2).

I agree about the 'Fingers' reference. He mentioned in his book that it was his nickname (still is?) from early years and it definitely suits as far as guitar playing. Yet it was still a surprise to hear it spoken.

As far as Glenn and Don, well, for anyone that had an opinion of them, I daresay the movie didn't change it at all, good or bad. As I stated a few pages back, they do at times come off as 'defiant' in that they made the decisions they made, did the things they did, it is what it is. Kind of 'good or bad, this is what we did.' Some have said they 'rewrote history' by downplaying the issues between them, but it was mentioned and not just by them. On the other hand, as can be seen in the articles I posted, if there was downplaying, it happened within two years of the start of the 14-year-vacation (1982). They've long said it wasn't why the band broke up, and of course, the media at the time did hype up the tensions.

As for Jackson Browne, yes, he hasn't aged much. JD has, but in an incrediblely nice way. He's so freakin' adorable in the movie and I really like when he talks about the Desperado shoot and how people always like to look at the corpse of a bad-boy.
    VK

I have it and I'm loving the live disc ~ OMG Don is so gorgeous. Sorry for being shallow but when he is up there doing Best Of My Love I am DYING!
    ~Sara

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    One thing that kinda amazed me was that Szymczyk actually called Felder "Fingers", idk maybe it's the fact that someone actually called him that and I heard it with my two lil ears instead of having read it, but it just surprised me.
    I agree, it was surprising to hear. I'd never heard about it until Felder's book.

Love the footage of them playing "Get You in the Mood" and "Tryin" in Aspen.
    Loved that!

Don and Glenn didn't come off as mean or anything to me as they did to others, fans and non-fans alike. They came off as honest and truthful, telling their side of things.
    Very well said and this is how I feel.

I've come to the conclusion that Jackson Browne ages slower than regular human beings.
    I know! Maybe it's his 'green' living!

I bet there is more old footage too and I wish they would release it. Lots of older bands are always showing old concerts on tv. I just watched a couple old concerts from the Rolling Stones from 1975 and 1982, I think! Loved seeing those, especially since I never got to see them live back in the day.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten