Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    This interview was obviously published last fall, but I can't find it on here anywhere, so I'm posting it. In it he talks about a lot of things, but he mentions that the Eagles would not be doing a 40th anniversary tour this year but perhaps a big tour in 2013 (guess he really knew what he was talking about!). He also mentions, as he does in other interviews, that he would take the first part of this year to work on another solo CD. So I'm wondering if his upcoming tour will try out some new music? It includes links for the Friday Night video, and a Carvin discussion with a clip of Timothy singing ICTYW with the Eagles.

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/...hybschmit2.htm
    Wonder if he does have something new up his sleeve that we may get to hear? Ya never know!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That would be great! It would also explain why Timothy is doing new tour dates - maybe he wants to try some songs out.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    This interview was obviously published last fall, but I can't find it on here anywhere, so I'm posting it. In it he talks about a lot of things, but he mentions that the Eagles would not be doing a 40th anniversary tour this year but perhaps a big tour in 2013 (guess he really knew what he was talking about!). He also mentions, as he does in other interviews, that he would take the first part of this year to work on another solo CD. So I'm wondering if his upcoming tour will try out some new music? It includes links for the Friday Night video, and a Carvin discussion with a clip of Timothy singing ICTYW with the Eagles.

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/...hybschmit2.htm
    OOH, Thanks VK for this...you made my day...great interview, great pic, great video...I adore hearing him talk!!!...I adore him!!! Did I mention I adore him?

Zelda

Great find! Interesting interview. I especially liked the part where he said "I have a song titled “Friday Night” on Expando. That is an example of a song that I have written that is really autobiographical. I find that writing that way is good therapy for me." Could help but think I'd like to share in a little bit of that 'therapy'!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm grasping to the bit about some another solo cd!!!!

Not sure how I feel about this part:
    "Timothy: I have been shy all of my life. In both Poco and the Eagles, I joined established bands, so there was already a set pecking order. I was the new guy in both of those groups and I found my place – which was, and is a good place to be, by the way. My role was pretty much defined when I walked in the door. When I joined the Eagles, they had just won an award for Record of the Year for Hotel California. In a situation like that, you don’t want to upset the applecart. You want to jump in and do your job well."

I know, Timothy, but that was over 3 decades ago! I know we've discussed this before but I do wish he could get a bit more solo stuff into the shows and when he brought the "powers that be" new material for LROOE, they had included it.

It cracked me up when he was asked what the difference between his band and the Eagles were and he replied....
    "
    I’d say my band is a looser situation. I’m not saying the Eagles are uptight,"
    He sings it high, he plays it low

You know, I often thought that the lyrics in Secular Praise, ..."some people think I'm shy"...was Timothy perhaps revealing that he isn't shy, but here he clealy says that he is.

Concerning his statement about working on another solo cd this year, I have always said that Timothy clearly enjoyed making Expando and touring with it and that it would not surprise me at all to hear that he is doing another solo cd. This is good news!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    You know, I often thought that the lyrics in Secular Praise, ..."some people think I'm shy"...was Timothy perhaps revealing that he isn't shy, but here he clealy says that he is.

Concerning his statement about working on another solo cd this year, I have always said that Timothy clearly enjoyed making Expando and touring with it and that it would not surprise me at all to hear that he is doing another solo cd. This is good news!
    I think Timothy is saying that maybe in some situations he is "shy" as in being the new guy in an established band, and in that situation anyone would be less vocal about their opinions. I don't think he is shy in other situations...I think that is what he meant by that statement.

I would be THRILLED if he were to whip out some new material at his upcoming solo shows, but I will let you know after I see him. I wouldn't be surprised if it is very much like the tour he did when Expando was released.
    But since I missed that show, anything he does is fine with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I think Timothy is saying that maybe in some situations he is "shy" as in being the new guy in an established band, and in that situation anyone would be less vocal about their opinions. I don't think he is shy in other situations...I think that is what he meant by that statement.

I would be THRILLED if he were to whip out some new material at his upcoming solo shows, but I will let you know after I see him. I wouldn't be surprised if it is very much like the tour he did when Expando was released.
    But since I missed that show, anything he does is fine with me!
    OH yeah, anything he wants to sing is fine with me...I'd pay just to hear him sing the phonebook!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I truly believe he really is shy, at least a bit so. He seems almost embarrassed about his fame at times. I think it's a combination of shy and humble. Seeing him in a solo show, you notice it even more. He just seems amazed that we were all there and so receptive of his work. JMO tho and I in no way can know for sure, of course. Don't claim to be a Timothy expert or anything.... darn it!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I truly believe he really is shy, at least a bit so. He seems almost embarrassed about his fame at times. I think it's a combination of shy and humble. Seeing him in a solo show, you notice it even more. He just seems amazed that we were all there and so receptive of his work. JMO tho and I in no way can know for sure, of course. Don't claim to be a Timothy expert or anything.... darn it!!
    I can't wait to see the difference in him from Eagles show to solo show...won't be very long between them for me......

also...TBFan... love your new av and sig pics!