Page 90 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of the Eagles

Default Re: Dreaming of the Eagles

I loved that dream, Willie! The Miranda part had me cracking up, too.

Oh, and you know I'd do my best to keep you calm if that happened in real life.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

What a cool dream!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Here's something weird - after seeing Stevie in Denver, I had a dream about the Eagles!

This is the part I can remember:

I am swimming in a crowded public pool in the middle of the day - lots of families splashing around - and I see a photo floating on the water. I grab it and take a look. The photo is of the Eagles playing “James Dean” in 1973 (somehow I know the song they are playing in the photo - never mind that in real life, that song wasn't even released in 1973), but it has been doctored to include Felder. “That’s a fake!” I say to the people around me. I rip it up but keep the pieces clutched in my hand.

Then Felder (as he currently looks) swims up. He is in the pool, yet fully clothed in golf gear. I don't think this is odd in the dream, lol. “Check out this fake photo of you with the Eagles!” I exclaim to him. When I open my hand to show it to him, the pieces are back together like I’d never ripped it. Even in my dream, I found this strange, but decide not to say anything about it to Felder. He looks at the photo, laughs, and then says “Maybe I could show up at a show and come onstage as a surprise guest... The fans would love it…”

I say “Dude, I think for that to happen, your appearance would have to be a surprise to the band!" I pause and think perhaps I sounded harsh, so I add, "I mean, of course you could ask them.... I just don’t think the guys would be into that idea.”

He nods and says, “You’re right.” The he says, “You know, I got married!”

“Congratulations,” I say and smile. He swims away.

Then I see Glenn on the other side of the pool in a lawn chair watching a TV. He also is his current age and fully clothed in golf gear. He looks up and says "Nancy, come here!"

I swim over to his side and hang on to the ledge near where he's sitting, but I don't get out of the pool. He says, "I'm watching the Texas Aggies (which he pronounces "Eggies") and I remember you saying you went to that school."

"Glenn, you know very well that it's pronounced 'Aggies.' You've seen them play before," I say, and then he laughs and I see he was just trying to tease me. "Anyway, yeah, I went there and I hope they win, but I'm not really into watching sports so I'll talk to you later."

"OK," Glenn says and turns his attention back to the TV as I swim off.

I get out of the pool and I see a tent with a lot of long white picnic tables. I go up to one and see a photo album laying open. Curious, I look at it. It contains clippings about all the celebrities that have died of drug overdoses, alcoholism, that kind of thing. “Wow, there’s so many!” I say. I hear Stevie in the distance singing "All the same, all the same, all the same..." (no idea where her voice is coming from here lol) and think "Wow, that's appropriate."

Suddenly Glenn appears by the table. “That’s mine.”

“Why would you make a book like this? It’s like a book of death!” I exclaim.

Using the Socratic method, lol, Glenn asks, “Well, why do you think I made it?”

“Was it to remind you that you shouldn’t do drugs because it might kill you?” I ask.

He nods somberly.

"Well, then, I guess it is a good idea," I reply. "I don't want you to die."

Suddenly, I burst into tears and Glenn hugs me. "Are you OK?" He asks after a moment.

"Yes," I sniffle.

"Good." He grins. "See ya later!" He walks off.

"Bye!" I call after him.

Stevie Nicks appears in her flowing black dress. "That was intense," she says to me.

That's all I can remember, except that even as I woke up, I was thinking "That was intense!"

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Wow. That dream should be analyzed. Seriously.
    The tearing of the picture . . .
    The golf clothes at a pool . . . .
    The college reference, the book of death and busting out crying . . .
    And Stevie in a black flowing dress . . . .

I wonder what it all means.

Probably nothing. If you look back through this thread you'll see I have a history of nonsensical dreams!

That was so sweet! Your dreams are always so entertaining, Soda. Love them!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Wow. That dream should be analyzed. Seriously.
    The tearing of the picture . . .
    The golf clothes at a pool . . . .
    The college reference, the book of death and busting out crying . . .
    And Stevie in a black flowing dress . . . .

I wonder what it all means.
    At least this dream had the good bits:
    Glenn remembering Soda's name...
    Glenn remembering her university...
    Glenn teasing her...
    Glenn hugging her...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    "Glenn, you know very well that it's pronounced 'Aggies.' You've seen them play before," I say, and then he laughs and I see he was just trying to tease me. "Anyway, yeah, I went there and I hope they win, but I'm not really into watching sports so I'll talk to you later."
    For me - this is one of the most incredulous parts ... Soda reprimands Glenn and then tells him that she is not at all interested in what he's doing and then "just turns her pretty head and walks away".

Now - THAT is a dream!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That sounds like one of those dreams where you wake up and your eyes are wet...crying in the dream and crying for real. (That kind of thing always amazes me.)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I had another weird dream about the Eagles and kind of involving Stevie Nicks (surprise, surprise). This one wasn't very long, though. In it, the Eagles were the A-team (something which I actually made a video for last year as a joke!)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHSbIVRpA2w[/ame]

Anyway, in my dream, I was on the A-Team too as the "special guest" that helps them out. I don't remember what our mission was or anything, but I remember we had all successfully evaded the bad guys who were looking for us in the building and were about to attempt to sneak out through the public exit, which was being guarded.

Before we go around the corner to head towards the exit, Glenn, Don, Joe, and Tim plant some explosives around the corridor in case the bad guys come this way. Then, they all reach in their pockets, and each one pulls out a necklace with a crescent moon pendant. I recognize them as the pendants Stevie Nicks wears and also gives to her friends (see example here). "Stevie gave you guys those?" I ask in awe.

"Yes," Don says, then dumps it on the ground. The other guys follow suit and turn to go.

"Wait.. you're not just going to leave these here?" I gasp.

"Yes," Don says again. His voice has no emotion in it.

I look at the other guys. "You too? You're all just going to leave these here?"

They all nod somberly, then turn to leave.

Screw that! These are precious! I think, and I grab all the necklaces off the ground and stuff them into my back pocket when the guys aren't looking. I notice as I do that each one has their names engraved on it, and I am even more disgusted that they would just leave them.

They apparently don't notice, and we all sneak towards the exit, I see a metal detector. Maybe that's why they were going to ditch the necklaces! They didn't want to set off the metal detector and draw attention to themselves! Now I feel guilty for thinking ill of them, but I can't bear to get rid of the necklaces either. We get closer and closer to the exit, and I get more and more nervous.

Finally, I decide I'll toss all but one of the necklaces when they're not looking, and I'll wear the one I keep under my shirt. I figure, if I set off the machine, it'll look innocent to just have one but suspicious to have four. I consider keeping the one with "Glenn" because he's my favorite, but then I remember Stevie talking about the moment she gave Don his pendant and how much it meant to her. I decide to keep the "Don" one for Stevie's sake. (Yeah, I know that makes no sense, but this is "dream logic"). Quietly, I drop the other three to the ground. It pains me to do it but at least I have the one. Then a terrifying thought occurs to me - what if the bad guys have warned security to be on the lookout for people wearing Stevie Nicks crescent moon pendants? Then I could get caught, and everyone else with me!

I decide it's worth the risk and I slip on the necklace. Nobody notices, but I make sure to go through the metal detector last so the other guys can escape if I set it off. They get through without incident and stop to wait for me to come through.

Suddenly I realize that if I set the metal detector off, even if it looks innocent to the security guard, all the guys will know I grabbed the necklace and they'll be upset with me. What to do??? "You guys go ahead - I'll catch up.." I say. "Go on... don't wait for me..." but they don't move. Oh no... I think as I step towards the metal detector wearing the crescent moon. Hope they forgive me...

I woke up before I went through the metal detector.

==============

Not exactly my most entertaining dream but hey, it had our guys in it. What more does one need?