Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get ready for Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor - starting Monday, Jan. 31!

Default Re: Get ready for Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor - starting Monday, Jan. 31!

one of my favorites is "Get You In The Mood"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Get ready for Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor - starting Monday, Jan. 31!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    one of my favorites is "Get You In The Mood"
    That is a very good point. Could Get You In The Mood be included? It wasn't when we played the game before; I don't see why it shouldn't be now as it is the B side of a single, to my knowledge the only one which is not an album track (not counting PCHFC/FNY). Without it, poor Glenn is sadly underrepresented in this game. I don't know why it didn't occur to me before that it should be included. Or was it because it has never been re-released?

ETA: One other point; the band recorded this song, which is more than they did for One Day At A Time.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-28-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Well, I've grouped Get You in the Mood with the Eagles LP songs in the past, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to include it here if that's what folks would like.

Looks like it's gonna be a good game!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Yes you did - my mistake; but here is my post in that game suggesting that it be put in a non-album Survivor:

Technically Get You In The Mood is not on the Eagles album. I was going to suggest that we include it in the next Survivor game, where we do all the non-album tracks right down to Fast Company & Do Something. However, as it's now here, I'm secretly fond of it and am not voting for it yet.

And your answer when people asked why it was in the Eagles album Survivor:

I think it's legitimate for the following reasons:
    1) You can arguably say that it is part of the album since the single, Take It Easy, was off the LP and Get You in the Mood was its B-side. That attaches it specifically to the album.
    2) Putting it up against these songs, its "peers" in terms of writing, casts it more in a contextual light than it would if we put it against the other non-album tracks like Fast Company and Do Something, written over 35 years later.

Given that I had forgotten all about this it makes more sense to leave it where it is.