Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010: Year in Review

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: 2010: Year in Review

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

16: Eagles announce that they will be playing several stadium dates with The Dixie Chicks and (sometimes) Keith Urban over the summer. Controversy continues in the Eagles fandom, with fans fearing the Eagles will make this the standard and ditch full shows. Also, fans who aren't country music aficionados don't look forward to sitting through country acts to hear an abbreviated Eagles set.

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    26: Timothy B. Schmit plays the first of several solo dates in England, his first ever solo shows in the country; indeed, in addition to the handful of solo dates he played in America in the fall of 2009, the British solo shows constitute the only ones he has ever played anywhere.
    Almost like I was there thanks to a special Border who kept me in the loop that evening and later made sure I was holding a pick, ticket stub and pictures from that special evening. She'll never know how much that really meant to me!!

13: Timothy B. Schmit is suddenly struck down by an intestinal ailment and hospitalized, causing the postponement of several shows and a Joe Walsh meet'n'greet. Fans freak out. After a tense week, the shows are rescheduled and Schmit issues an announcement stating that all is well.
    I'll say!! I was on the next plane out in my little nurses outfit to kiss his boo boo away!!

29: Joe Walsh does his only meet'n'greet of the year in Portland, Oregon.!
    And no one was arrested!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks, Soda! Great job! I really enjoyed reading the Year in Review, and I'm hoping for some US dates in 2011!

Glad you guys like it! It wasn't until I was compiling it that it really started to sink in how much the guys had done this year and the many "first in a long time" moments there have been. Our guys rock!

PS - re the partial SBR - you can look at that glass as half full or half empty. The former makes you appreciate what you have; the latter makes you complain about what you don't have. "We have to choose which way to go" as Glenn would say, and I choose "half full."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great job, Soda!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Glad you guys like it! It wasn't until I was compiling it that it really started to sink in how much the guys had done this year and the many "first in a long time" moments there have been. Our guys rock!

PS - re the partial SBR - you can look at that glass as half full or half empty. The former makes you appreciate what you have; the latter makes you complain about what you don't have. "We have to choose which way to go" as Glenn would say, and I choose "half full."
    I'm sorry I couldn't just suspend my critical facilities. It would have been better if I had done so but I wasn't able to do that. I'm sorry the song didn't 'send me into ecstasies' but as I said we are all different.

In any case you said they hadn't played the full version of the song since 1980. I have an old video of the Lucca, Italy show from 2001 and they did play the entire song (that was when they were using hand mics while singing it). I'm sorry to be so pedantic.

I wish I had a boot of some of the Farewell I and II performances. I know they didn't do SBR every show but I am sure I heard them open with it at least twice and I'd also swear that they sang it all the way through.

Understand though that one of those shows was in Wichita and it was right after I had experienced that back injury and I was on some sweet pain killers! I had to go into the auditorium with a walking cane and had a heck of a time getting past security.

I can't remember which of the other shows they performed SBR. We went to so many over a 3-year period from Las Vegas, NV to Columbus, Ohio, from Dallas, Texas to Madison, Wisconsin. 16 of them I think. I'm afraid they all pretty much run together in memory.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    In any case you said they hadn't played the full version of the song since 1980. I have an old video of the Lucca, Italy show from 2001 and they did play the entire song (that was when they were using hand mics while singing it). I'm sorry to be so pedantic.
    Interesting. I'll double check that and if they did indeed do the entirety of the song in 2001, I'll change the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I'm sorry I couldn't just suspend my critical facilities. It would have been better if I had done so but I wasn't able to do that. I'm sorry the song didn't 'send me into ecstasies' but as I said we are all different.
    I'm sorry the song didn't please you, FP, and I'm sorry if I sounded annoyed, but does the phrase "wet blanket" mean anything to you?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Great job with the Year In Review write up, Soda. And I'm totally with you about 7BR. As I've said before some of the song is better than none at all for this fan. I love and savored every moment of it even though I didn't get the whole song either.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    . And I'm totally with you about 7BR. As I've said before some of the song is better than none at all for this fan.
    Couldn't agree more, even tho I wasn't able to see it live. I remember my reaction when I first saw the video that Ticky took of it live. Unfreakin' believable! I will take only half of the song rather than none of it anytime!
    He sings it high, he plays it low