Thread: Eagles Christmas Covers

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Eagles Christmas Covers

I got to thinking about this as I was reading the Christmas Countdown thread. Since the only Christmas song we have from the Eagles is the gorgeous Please Come Home for Christmas, I was wondering what other Christmas songs folks might think would be well-suited for each of the guys to sing. I’m only including the current lineup in my answer, but you can include whichever current or former Eagles you’d like in your answer. So, here’s mine:

Glenn – I know Glenn could do an awesome version of I’ll Be Home For Christmas with all that yearning vulnerability in his voice. I thought of others, but I'll stick to one song for now.

Don – The first song that came to my mind is Santa Claus Is Back In Town. I’m thinking this is perfectly suited for Don’s voice. I bet Don would sound awesome.

Timothy – I’ll bet Timothy would sound great singing The Christmas Song. I can think of a lot of songs that he could do, but I chose this since it is one of my traditional favorites.

Joe – I would love to hear Joe do a rendition of I Believe In Father Christmas. I’ll bet he could come up with a rocking arrangement that featured some mean guitar work.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Christmas Covers

If I Believe in Father Christmas is the Greg Lake song, it's a ballad & would be better suited to Don in my opinion because there is an air of world weariness in it and thought provoking lyrics (not that Joe can't do that). If it's a different song, Dreamer, then I will take your word for it. Unfortunately I don't know the other songs you mention. I am not a 'Christmas songs' person at all except for a couple I posted in the Christmas Countdown thread.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

When I saw this, I instantly thought of The Christmas Song for Timothy, especially since it's my favorite Christmas song ever and I thought about Santa Claus Is Back In Town for Don also Dreamer. It's so soulful and he does that so well but I also think Glenn could do it rather well.

Maybe for Joe I would use Run Rudolph Run because there is some great guitar work in that and Rock And Roll Christmas or even Father Christmas (The Kinks song) and make it pretty funny.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well FP - I was indeed thinking about Joe doing the Greg Lake song. I really don't consider the song a ballad, but even if it was, I think Joe could do the song justice. I could see Joe changing the arrangement to beef up the guitar work in the song, which I think would be very cool. That doesn't mean that Don couldn't do justice to the song as well. But, you don't have to take my word for it - I stated this as my opinion, not as a matter of fact.

And Willie, I don't think I've ever heard Father Christmas by the Kinks. I'll have to check that one out.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I used to like the Greg Lake song, but Im afraid to play it now. Too many questions like 'What does he mean..... his disguise???'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP