Page 203 of 207 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2068

Thread: Frey Fever (March 2009 - April 2010)

Default Re: Frey Fever: The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

I have posted some caps from the actual BBC show in the past. Here are a few of Mr. Frey. (Brooke, it's your lucky day! )

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    We all have our favourite eras, EL. Mine is whatever he looks like now. I find it very hard to go back to 1973 when I wasn't even aware of the man and say 'he looked best then'. I just can't do that.

ETA: I honestly admit to not understanding the 'I think he looked better 30 years ago' thing at all. It's just dismissing what he looks like now. This applies to all the Eagles, not just Glenn. There is no question that Randy Meisner in particular looked better 30 years ago. To me they're being locked into a time warp.
    All I said was I prefer retro. It's all a matter of opinion.

Stuck on the Border

He does look superb there, no doubt about it. He is a very attractive man.

I should probably post something from an era we all agree on unconditionally. I always liked this shot because it is so 'In Charge'.

He does look superb there, no doubt about it. He is a very attractive man.

I should probably post something from an era we all agree on unconditionally. I always liked this shot because it is so 'In Charge'.

FP, you know that Glenn has always been on the bottom of my fav list, but HFO nearly moved him up to #1 cuz Bernie was long gone by then and Glenn was the absolute best looking of the gang at this time. Tim fans, don't get ticked at me cuz Tim never changes, he's always cute. But Glenn at this point was devastating!
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border

He has aged very well, dignified and all, a long way from the past. As Joe's song says why must we grow up so fast? But it's been an interesting ride so far.......
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

To add my thoughts to the 'favourite look' debate... Personally, I never think of it in terms of 'he looked better then.' You can't really compare how a guy looked at 27 to how he looks at 61. I'll happily state that I think Don looked absolutely gorgeous in the '70s, with his beard and curly hair, but I still could never say that I prefer him that way. To me, he's just as attractive now. It's just that, in the shallow pursuit of ogling pictures and drooling over old videos, we all have our favourite looks or hairstyles or outfits - and sometimes, it's fun to indulge in those! I suppose it also comes down to personal associations and memories. I'm sure you have a fondness for those Long Run pictures, FP, as that's where you first noticed Glenn properly. It doesn't mean you want to keep him that way. I guess we're lucky the Eagles have kept gigging and putting themselves out there - so we don't have to keep them in a time warp.

(That HFO cap is delicious, by the way!)

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

ETA: I honestly admit to not understanding the 'I think he looked better 30 years ago' thing at all. It's just dismissing what he looks like now. This applies to all the Eagles, not just Glenn. There is no question that Randy Meisner in particular looked better 30 years ago. To me they're being locked into a time warp.
    Are you saying it's unfair to say they looked better when they were younger? Because, as you said, in a case like Randy's, it's pretty undeniable.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Are you saying it's unfair to say they looked better when they were younger? Because, as you said, in a case like Randy's, it's pretty undeniable.
    Where did I use the word 'unfair'? No, I am not saying that at all. I wish there was more acceptance by the people who 'prefer' their 70s appearance of their current appearance, that's all. People age, rock stars included.

If people prefer the 70s era because they're nostalgic for that time, OK, but it's the 'they looked better then' part that I have difficulty with.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Poor Randy, he's still the same nice guy he was in his youth. Just didn't make the transition into middle age well. And of course I'm biased about Bernie cuz he's the only Eagle I ever met(even tho his Eagles days were long over when I met him)got to talk with and shake his hand. I did wash that hand....after a few years.....when it started turning darker than my other one......(I'm probably lying too but you'll never know it)lying about washing my hand, just to clarify it.....