Thread: Joe Walsh Music Videos Survivor Game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Joe Walsh Music Videos Survivor Game

First of all, I wanted to say thanks for making Life of Illusion immune this round, PM. I really like this video a lot, and hope it will stick around in the game. While at first it may come across as just another one of Joe’s silly videos, I think there is a lot more to it. IMO, all of the imagery and illusions that are going on are very well done. I particularly like all of the ‘bird’ imagery. At the beginning of the video there is a whole flock of birds in the ‘neighborhood’, but you see the birds eventually all fly away - perhaps a migration to a more suitable environment. Then, throughout the video, you see several ‘bird’ illusions until at the end, there is a single bird flying around that also turns out to be another illusion - maybe just another one of “nature’s little surprises”. Since the video is immune it will be around a while longer, and we can, hopefully, discuss it some more. But, I just want to encourage some of you to give more consideration to this video as you vote in future rounds.

Now, back to this round. It looks like I Can Play That Rock & Roll may go down. As I've said before, while I agree that Joe's behavior is irresponsible, immature, and adolescent, I also see the outrageous humor that was intended in the video. One of my favorite parts is when the hotel manager come in, and Joe is trying to explain how it's all the fly's fault. You can almost read his lips, and the exaggerated humor of the video climaxes in that scene. In my opinion, In My Car is equally immature and adolescent, but not as funny, so ....

I cast my vote for In My Car.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 11-30-2009 at 03:15 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016