Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
I don’t care it for either but Felder thought that was their performance of the night! I don’t get how he thinks that lol
He was talking about how they actually performed on stage, not about the touched up recorded versions that ended up on Selected Works. He said Glenn worked on these for months after the concerts.

I can understand them trying something different and new for a special concert, but yeah, that version of BOML is cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
It's not JUST that Capital Center is overdubbed. It is that, the whole affair was faked. The croud is most probably from another concert and they faked the whole thing to get some "live" footage for that 1977 documentary they cancelled. I need to ask my friends for some concrete proof. Or they'll make another thread for this later.
That’s a pretty scandalous allegation. While a number of bands have been known to manipulate “live” recordings or video, I think faking the whole thing seems a real stretch.

1. The dvd uses footage from 2 different nights at the Capital Centre; maybe this is why your friends are thinking the crowd is from another concert.

2. The concert was filmed by a very well-known and widely respected cinematographer named Haskell Wexler who has won Academy Awards for his work. I wonder why he would risk his reputation and credibility by being party to something that seems so unnecessary—using a crowd from another concert to create something fake. And the Eagles paying big bucks for it.

3. The band was intending to use the Capital Centre concert for a documentary that was pretty much done and ready for release. Wouldn’t the band be concerned that some of those 18,000 or so attendees might figure out something was up and call foul if it was all faked?