Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
I was going to let this go but then decided I should stand up for my right to comment on a Felder interview.
UtW, in what way I have indicated you don't have the right to comment? Do not others have an equal right to comment on your comment? If one is going to make insinuations/allegations against an Eagle ("Felder's lying") vs. simply posing an opinion ("Felder's interviews are boring"), then one should be prepared for the possibility those allegations will be challenged.

If you believe that Don's comment about pop music is a deliberate inconsistency, then ok, fair enough. I don't agree but I do understand. I suppose Felder's book does make him a target; no other band member has put himself out there like that. I still contend that his comment about playing country with Bernie was harmless and sincere, not eyebrow-raising, not contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
Good point, well made UndertheWire.

I agree Delilah about the unsettling "presumptuous statements of what the Eagles are feeling and thinking" but Felder's comment "I loved Bernie and loved playing country music with him" is an eyebrow raiser.

I've just checked the credits to the On The Border and One Of These Nights albums and there is very little evidence of Felder and Leadon teaming up the way that Felder and Walsh did. The shared guitar duties tended to be Felder and Frey.

Imho the Leadon less versions of the Eagles were an unconvincing country band. Joe gets the lead on "future country classic" The Girl From Yesterday. There's nothing remotely country on Felder's solo albums. I rate Felder as a fine Pedal Steel player but Leadon plays the Pedal Steel on OTB and OOTN.

Would it be presumptuous of me to suggest that Felder is making a conscious effort to say positive things about his ex band mates? which, these days, is probably preferable to being totally honest or funny
When I read the Felder's statement about Bernie, I imagined them performing on stage together like at the Don Kirshner concert in '74, or jamming backstage somewhere. I didn't think about them recording in the studio. What do Don's solo albums or steel pedal playing have to do with anything?

Don has praised his band mates several times in the far and recent past; I don't know why saying positive things now would be construed as a "conscious effort."