Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
I won't be watching this but it seems to me that as with the album, all these guests are overshadowing Don himself. And yet some of the guests are wasted on the album. Mick Jagger certainly is. Dolly Parton, on the other hand....I am bemused by the review above, most of which appears to be about the backing singers rather than Don.

I am just not that interested in male/female duets. Even Leather & Lace doesn't really grab me. I know Don has done these duets before & I never took to them. I have taken to them even less on this album.
Well, I wouldn't say they overshadowed Don because he sounds great, but I'm not impressed with duets either. For a favorite artist, I just prefer that it's all about the artist and I don't need the others there at all. I know these things are done all the time and I think, as I said before, that it's all about the money as far as selling it. You get all these other famous artists to make an appearance and those artists fans will also buy it. Don, being an older rock artist trying something new, needed these people to help him sell his cd. Ca ching! $$$ Nothing wrong with that. Just saying, for me, I don't need the other artists to get me to buy his cd.