Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
... Glenn slipped out of his comfort zone for After Hours.
I don't know about this, F50. This could be true, but it's possible it may have been the other way around and he slipped into his comfort zone with the album. Either way, it's not necessarily a bad thing, IMO.

According to Joe the Eagles have finished new songs since LROOE so they have continued to work together creatively and they've found a workable method of producing new material. The internet allows them to do the bulk of the toil without them being together at the same location, which must be highly beneficial.
Can you remember when Joe stated that the Eagles have finished material? I vaguely recall him mentioning that they had been working on some songs, but I could be mistaken. Of course, working on stuff can be very different for these guys than finished stuff.

After ignoring the existence of Long Road Out Of Eden during the History Of The Eagles Tour, a follow up shouldn't be too daunting. Arguably, it'd be easier than producing a solo album, maybe not as satisfying though.
Sorry, but what's easy is for armchair quarterbacks to sit back and proclaim how easy it is. For this band of perfectionist, it is apparently a very grueling process. As I said before, I don't think it's a matter of can they do it, it's more about if they want to do it.