I wanted to see if there was a poll about this and I've not seen a thread along these lines before, so I'll start one. I thought this would be interesting as given how the Eagles have evolved as a band throughout their career those of us who have started with different albums are likely to have a different perspective on their music, as well as giving an idea of which albums fans are most likely to be introduced to the band by.

I personally started with Hotel California, then heard One Of These Nights. I realised that they were clearly a band with more than one really good album, so I heard the songs from Greatest Hits 1971-75 and then listened to the remaining tracks from the three early albums in reverse order. I listened to most of The Long Run around the same time but only came back to it once I was fully. LROOE I only started listening to more recently, although I heard Waiting In The Weeds some time before I heard any of the others (as I was aware the song was very highly rated).

Given that there is a maximum of 10 albums, and clearly the six 1972-79 studio albums have to be on the list, I've given three of the other slots to LROOE, a live album (Live or HFO, even though the latter strictly isn't entirely live) and the most popular compilation, Greatest Hits 1971-75, with the final spot being given other to other compilations.