There’s a stereotype that Timothy’s voice and songs only appeal to women, but I've read a lot of comments and reviews from men saying they like Timothy. Here are two old reviews of Eagles concerts as examples. Both reviewers are men.

This one is a review of the March 27, 1995 concert in Vancouver, Canada. It was originally published in The Georgia Straight, a Vancouver weekly newspaper. The reviewer thinks that Timothy is the best singer in the band.

http://earofnewt.com/2014/05/24/joe-...-in-vancouver/

This is the part of the review about Timothy:
Glenn Frey dedicated the show’s third selection, “New Kid in Town”, to “anyone who’s had a martini at Delilah’s”, referring to the popular West End eatery he frequented during a previous three-month stay here. That pretty little ditty benefited from the gorgeous backup vocals of bassist Timothy B. Schmidt, who is far and away the best singer in the band.

Schmidt’s vocal prominence became easily apparent when he took the lead on “I Can’t Tell You Why”, my personal fave Eagles ballad.
And this other one is a review of the June 4, 2002 concert in Albuquerque, NM. The review is from The Albuquerque Tribune. I put the parts about Timothy in bold to make them easier to find. The reviewer feels that Timothy is underused in the band.

http://www.thehighwaystar.com/review...uquerque02.htm

The crowd noise, deafening after almost every song, tells me I shouldn't say anything bad about this show. So does the news that it pulled in $1,011,391 at the gate, the most ever for a University Arena concert.

So I'll start off nice. Don Henley is magnificent, worth the admission by himself. His lyrics are among the best in rock'n'roll history. His ballads, particularly Wasted Time and Desperado, and his rockers, Dirty Laundry above all, were the best things about a great show. The Eagles played a three-hour, 29-song set that was safe in its selection and flawless in its execution. Their classics were played, and played well. Still...

I had the nagging feeling that I was watching the Egos as much as the Eagles. Henley and guitarist Joe Walsh dominated the show, and only Henley deserved to. Walsh even hogged the spotlight from founding Eagle Glenn Frey, who wasn't even on stage for one of the encore songs.

Bassist Tim Schmidt clearly has been made a sub-Eagle. He sang just two songs, and the band never even bothered to introduce him. Walsh, who has aged a great deal in the two years since I saw the band, performed four like-sounding songs from his solo days. Rocky Mountain Way in the encore wasn't necessary. One from Schmidt's days with Poco, and one less from Walsh, would have been great.

Instead, Schmidt is heading down the path of Don Felder, the Eagles guitarist who was plucked and deposed in 2001 after losing a power struggle with Henley and Frey.
Stewart Smith - an unofficial Eagle, I suppose - is replacing Felder on this tour. On Felder's two signature songs - I Can't Tell You Why and Hotel California - Smith wasn't up to the task.

The verdict: Good to excellent show, but Schmidt should go back to Poco, where he's appreciated.