I've been meaning to post my comments in this thread for a while now, but haven't found the time. I was right with my first post. After completing my homework assignment and reviewing the videos, I came to the conclusion that I liked all of them. Even the ones that don't have much going for them other than the hot male singer - that's enough to keep me interested and watch. However, I do like some more than others, so I decided to rank them, which is always a very difficult task for me (in fact, I could change my mind with the order very easily if someone gives me a good reason). The order is on how much I like the videos, not the songs - although in a couple of cases, I was having a hard time between two, so how much I liked the song was the tiebreaker. Here goes:

1. YBTTC - I love how it comments and depicts the story of living in the city with the constant motion, and the one night stand. To me it says, even with all the activity and people, life can still be lonely.

2. Smuggler's Blues - Again, the video is so good at telling the story, but killing off Sugar at the end is disturbing for me.

3. I've Got Mine - If this video did a better job of telling the story, it would probably be my favorite since this is one of my favorite solo songs. I also wondered why Glenn used women primarily in the video to depict the rich people.

4. Soul Searchin' - I just like it a lot - it's sensitive and romantic.

5. I Found Somebody - I like the way this one depicts the story. I always thought the song portrayed the 70's and '80's fickle trend of falling in and out of love so easily, and to me that's exactly what the video says.

6. The One You Love - Love torn Glenn is HOT - make me want to just grab him and ... oh, you girls understand.

7. THIO - This one would be rated higher if it featured the hot male singer more instead of all those movie action shots.

8. Sexy Girl - Even though it's not one of my favorite songs, in this case, the video helps make the song more enjoyable. I think it is just cute.

9. True Love - This one is the the opposite of Sexy Girl. I love the song a lot more than the video, but guitarless Glenn is good (and HOT).

10. POMPOY - see the THIO.

11. Living Right - I think it's cute. It was meant to be a parody and it succeeds. And for me, even square-haired Glenn is hot. Apparently, Mrs. Right agreed.

12. Some Kind of Blue - Neither the song or the video are among my favorites. But there is not just one, but two, hot male singers in it, which makes it enjoyable to watch.

13. Living in the 21st Century - Unlike some of you, I love this song. I think the lyrics are very clever, and the music rocks. However, the video ranks last on my list because although the hotness is still there, you actually have to search for it beyond the bleach - and for me, that's a first.

And BTW FP - I also think their may be some validity to your theory about Strange Weather's failure due to the videos.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...