Well – As I said before, I would agree that the songwriting credits are important enough so that they should get them right on any officially published materials that the band releases. Per an agreement between the two of them, Henley was always listed before Frey simply because they thought Henley/Frey sounded better than Frey/Henley. With regard to the songwriting credits for other members in the band, I guess it was more subjective as to how they were listed. However, as I also said, IMO, they should not be legally or morally accountable for material that they did not officially release.

I understand that if a conflict arises between members of the band, it is natural fodder for discussion among fans. I don’t have any problem with fans speculating about various situations that occur, but I do believe it is very unfair to accuse anyone of being dishonest, immoral, unethical, etc. if you aren’t privy to all of the facts. If I remember correctly, even Felder stops short of that.

For the record, here is the history of how the Hotel California writing credits are listed on all the band’s officially released recordings …

Hotel California – Felder, Henley, Frey (1976)
Eagles Live - Felder, Henley, Frey (1980)
Greatest Hits, Volume 2 - Felder, Henley, Frey (1982)
Hell Freezes Over – Henley, Frey, Felder (1994)
1972 – 1999: Selected Works - Felder, Henley, Frey (2000)
The Very Best of the Eagles - Felder, Henley, Frey (2003)

So it seems to me if Henley and Frey calculated to take primary credit for the song, they would have done this on all of the official recordings where it would be very obvious. I’m lost on why they would do this so only a few people would notice. That just doesn't seem logical to me.