Merry Christmas to me! I finally got my copy of LROOE this morning. I had asked for it for Christmas and knew that I was definitely getting it. Even though I pestered my mom every chance I got to give it to me early, I remained patient for the last month or so. I don't know how I did it, but I survived by listening to only How Long this entire time. I didn't want to hear any of the other songs (I just discovered the other day that No More Cloudy Days was on the CD - I was familiar with this one from the FT1 DVD) until I had the entire CD and could listen to it from beginning to end. I didn't read any of the postings about LROOE on this forum and tried not to read too many reviews. I'm sure I'll be going back and reading the threads now and responding to them. For now, though, I just have to say "Wow!" I'm so impressed and thrilled with this CD. I spent a lot of the time today listening to it (my family was very patient and understanding with me, although I do think they think I'm a little nuts!). So, my initial reactions after listening to it about 2 1/2 times through?

How Long - You'd think I'd be sick of this one by now, but no way! I absolutely love this song...it's so sing-along-able. One of my definite faves from the album.

Busy Being Fabulous - Simpy fabulous!

What Do I Do with My Heart - Okay, my knees literally got weak and my heart skipped a beat when Don started singing his part at the end of the song.

Waiting in the Weeds - I have no words to describe how I feel about this song. After listening to it for the 3rd time, I found myself just shaking my head...in a good way. It's just that damn good.

No More Cloudy Days - I fell in love with this one when I watched FT1 and was so happy to discover that it was included on LROOE.

Fast Company - FUNKY! How does he get his voice that high? Amazing...

Long Road Out of Eden - Don, Glenn, and Tim wrote some wonderful lyrics for this one. Haunting lyrics, beautiful music, but, boy, does it piss me off everytime I hear it (not because they wrote it, but because of the situation that led them to write it). Good for the boys for exercising their freedom of speech!

Somebody - Even though it wasn't written by Don or Glenn, it is reminiscent of Witchy Woman or One of these Nights - what did Glenn call that period in FT1? Their "Satanic, Rhythm & Blues, Country/Rock period."

Frail Grasp on the Big Picture - How can you not like a song that uses the term "snogging" and has the lyrics "'Who left the cap off the freakin' toothpaste?'" and "And we pray to our Lord, who we know is American?"

Last Good Time in Town - I really like this one from Joe. It's a catchy little tune.

Center of the Universe - Sigh.....

It's Your World Now - Oh my God! I was crying as I listened to this one for the first time. And, I'm listening to it right now, and yep, I'm crying again. "The curtain falls - I take my bow - That's how it's meant to be - It's your world now."