Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
I can't agree that Here's To Life is 'melancholy & mundane'. Not all celebrations of life have to be about having a party. I love the reflectiveness of it; I also love that I heard Glenn say that it described his own life. As for it not building in intensity - I could not disagree more. It's a slow burn.
FP, we just have to agree to disagree about Here's to Life. I appreciate that you love it, but it strikes me as having a melancholy and mundane tone. I didn't say a celebration of life needed to be a party or a romp. However, when I listen to the song, I think 'Geez, if this is as much excitement and energy as you can muster up about your life, dude, then that's pretty sad.' I get the song, but it's reflectiveness doesn't move me the way it does you. It's possible I would have appreciated it a little more if I had seen it performed live, but even then, I doubt that I would love it. Besides, I tried to keep my review about the songs on the album, not the live performances. Oh well, different strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
This became my second favourite album very quickly. I now think that doing Motown would be too obvious. If he does this again I would like him to do more singer-songwriter type material with perhaps one or two Motown songs; not an entire album.
Again - to each their own. I would absolutely love to see him do Motown. I'm not sure exactly why it would be too obvious or even if it matters, but I think he would totally nail those songs. Besides, paying homage to his hometown would be really cool IMO.