I'm listening to it right now. Interesting stuff! They're both really playing up the Detroit aspect, which puts a bit of a different spin on it. Plus, the interviewer is asking some really creative questions about the music.

Here's how Glenn characterizes their roles when Elvis discusses the "narrative" aspect of Eagles songs:

"If Timothy's singing, chances are it's a slightly light, yet bittersweet tune. Soft... I'm kind of in the middle, in that 'new-kid-in-town-peaceful-easy-feeling' range. Don is more the blues singer: he can sing the torch ballads, he can teach a lesson if he needs to, give a sermon.... we all understand, though, that people want to be entertained, that people want to be told a story."

After talking about the importance of painting a picture in songwriting, he goes on to say, "I think people like to be tricked into enlightenment, a little bit, instead of beat over the head with it."

Hmm! Interesting!

And here's something really exciting - he also says that having done this project makes him want to write original music again! "I'm excited to write some other songs now, 'cause I think that, I feel like I've been added to, and whatever I've done the past three years can only make whatever I do tomorrow better."

WOOT!!!!