I joined this forum a couple of years ago and I didn't realize that I could introduce myself here, because I was probably so eager to learn something about the music of the Eagles. In fact once when I had a group of students when I was a music teacher, I asked everyone to introduce themselves, but I forgot to introduce myself! It was only later that some student brought this up.
It has often bothered me that I'm always referred to as "chaim" here. The reason is of course that no one knew my real name, because I've never said it. So, I'm Toni Lehto from Finland. In some places I don't mind being "incognito", but I think the atmosphere in this forum is so warm and cosy, that I might as well be me here.
I was born in 1977, so I missed their extistence in the seventies and didn't really grieve over their break-up, because I was three years old at the time. At some point in my teens a friend of mine introduced me to Hotel California, the song. I don't think it was love at first hearing, but I think I liked it. Later, still in my teens, I started to buy their albums and I think my favourites were the albums Desperado and Hotel California. I fell in love with Glenn's voice - Glenn in "Outlaw man", "Tequila sunrise", the "Doolin-Dalton" bridge etc. etc. I basically fell in love with all their albums except perhaps The Long Run, although even that had songs I loved. Teenage Jail was one of them (!!!!). I know Don is perhaps a better singer (is he?) and everyone raves about his singing, but Glenn's voice has always been my favourite.
In terms of songwriting, I love songs by all the members. "Take the devil", "Earlybird", "My man", Bitter creek"....Randy and Bernie wrote great, great songs. "I wish you peace" was a big favourite in my teens. I don't know why.
I saw them live for the first time on the "resumption" tour when I went to Sweden with a small group of people to see them. I saw them on the LROOE tour as well. Those are the only times I've seen them.
The Eagles isn't the only band I love, but it was one of the first bands I started to listen to and I still listen to or think about the band in some way weekly, if not daily.
I'm at the library at the moment and I'm in a hurry, so this post is a bit of a mess...

Oh, and New Kid In Town is one of the only songs ever written where a modulation actually works.