I got home from playing last night and flipped on television... the channel that came up had a show about DEA agents..... pretty much the whole show (I'm lazy and just sat and watched for 20 minutes) was about raiding drug houses.

It was pretty interesting (at first) but then I was struck by an image. When the police raid these places (all in Detroit on the show) they found millions of dollars in drugs, a ton of expensive guns and sometimes there was 500,000.00 in CASH (in bales!).... the houses were the foulest, grossest, most run down places and yet there were all these people willing to live in total squalor so that they could have (the ubiquitous) big tv, stereo, game console, guns, drugs and 'bling' type stuff. Kind of crazy to my simple mind. Who would want to live in squalor, in a toilet, in order to have some 'creature comforts' and a big bale of cash.

I guess 48% of Florida.

The time will come where we will have to choose less in terms of excess in order to have safer, saner and healthier. But, addicts (like we are to oil) don't give up until they reach rock bottom.