Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
Well, that is a presumption, not a fact. And while I don't expect wholesale changes, I wouldn't rule out some revisions to the set list for the next leg.

Originally Posted by Freypower
Such as?
Neither of us have a crystal ball into the future, so I don't have any idea, but neither do you. I'm just saying that changes are possible in response to your insistence that the band never makes any changes.

Why not play both New Kid In Town and The Long Run. Some of us love both songs. And, of course, as we've said many times before, the average casual fan does not want to hear LROOE - they want to hear the hits.

Just once, I think it would be nice if the 'hits' mentality were reviewed. I know this is a minority opinion. I mention The Long Run because I don't see why nobody ever suggests that a Henley Eagles song could ever possibly be dropped, and that one is my least favourite of the songs he sings. I know it won't happen.
There are a number of Don's songs that have been in the set lists in the past that were later dropped. I know I was particularly happy when they dropped Sunset Grill, but not so much about The Best of My Love, Victim of Love, or Wasted Time.

Well, FP, I don't follow that line of reasoning at all. If that were the case, wouldn't Glenn be inclined to showcase himself even more to prove his worthiness to the fans???

No. He doesn't seem to have any interest in 'showcasing' himself.
So it sounds as if you are saying that Glenn doesn't think the fans want to hear his songs so he is content to wilt into the background, and let the more popular band members shine. Sorry, but I ain't buying this - Glenn just seems a bit too competitive to me.

But with regard to what PM is saying about Glenn's comments on the F1 DVD were made, I do think that he has always had the mindset ever since the resumption that Don would have the majority of the lead vocals in live shows. Every set list since 1994 has reflected this. However, until recently, Glenn still sang about 9 - 10 songs per show, which still represented about 1/3 of the set list. I was fine with that, and I didn't think his role seemed marginalized especially since he assumes the emcee responsibilities. However, he has recently subordinated himself to the point where I think it becomes obvious to even the casual fan.

Again, I definitely take issue with this. If this were the case, it would seem to me that the Eagles would not be performing at all.

You can look at it both ways, in my opinion.
Well, I was responding to your original comment that Glenn was more interested in a leadership role than a performing role. My thoughts are if this is true, why doen't he just take more of a leadership role when performing then instead of subordinating himself?