Page 124 of 315 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3150

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

Aww Rhonda you all look so happy and wonderful! Glad you had a good time

Thanks for the pictures and the captions Ticky. Your lunch and dessert looks scrumptious!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado

Congrats to all the Borders with graduating seniors! The pictures look great and am glad to hear that everyone had a good time. I remember graduation being a very fun and exciting time that, unfortunately, went by too quickly. Again, I send my congrats to all the seniors that made it across that stage!

Thank you to everyone who has wished me luck recovering from my accident. Things have been very stressful the last two weeks with therapy taking up most of my time. The rest of my time is spent dealing with insurance people and looking for a new car. Needless to say, I'm trying to keep my sanity intact

Ahh, Pump it Up! Both my boys have had birthday parties there within the last few years. And I do agree, it's loads of fun for the kids, and way easy for the parents! I have to admit, I made sure I wasn't in any of the "action shots" like Verna was...

I've got a graduate this year too...from 4th grade! Graham is moving up, out of elementary school, to join his bro in middle school next year. His ceremony is not until June 18. Lots of fun activities for the 4th grade class this month, though. From the Bronx Zoo class trip, to Field Day, to the Pool Party, etc, etc...who's learning anything in June?? In fact, that's a big part of why I have been missing from the Border. I'm a homeroom mom, and am involved in planning and participating in all of the above and more. (Actually, way more--since I'm a homeroom mom for my 7th grader as well.) I'm barely keeping it all together for these 2 grades in these last few weeks, but at least it's fun stuff!

I've mentioned the following event before in this thread, a couple months ago. Tomorrow, Sunday, is the big fair that I've been planning with a few friends at the elementary school...the Bedwell Boardwalk. It's our 4th and final year chairing this event, and we're goin' out with a bang! The weather looks to be beautiful...partly sunny and 80; and as far as we can tell, everything is going to go perfectly! All set for loads of fun...maybe this year, we can actually relax and enjoy a bit of the festivities, instead of running around crazily like we usually do!

And I remember that Sunday is the same day that Lou is going to be in a Walkathon for a worthy cause of some note...hopefully she continued to train and is in great shape to log in those miles! Good luck!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

EV, I meant to make a post last night, but I was exhausted! I remembered your Boardwalk was this Sunday... I hope everything goes really well and that you all have a wonderful time. I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work you put in.

Unfortunately I'm not taking part in the walk this time around. I feel awful (especially because you guys were so supportive!) but, in all honesty, the training kind of fell by the wayside with the excitement of planning my Oklahoma trip, and I think I'd probably be setting myself up to fail if I attempted it now! Also, my mum really wants to do it with me, but she broke her ankle a year or so ago and it's been giving her some problems lately - she needs to build it up a lot more before she can even try 26 miles. So, I apologise to you guys for letting you down - but rest assured that it is still something I am focused on doing and that I'm going to work as hard as possible to make sure that I am prepared to do it the next time around. There are a few other (shorter) walks that go on around here, so I can partake in those as part of training, and hopefully raise a bit of cash for other good causes in the meantime.

Mike - I can see your photo now! Priceless! I had a few internet problems the other night, so it probably just had difficulty loading when I first tried.

Rhonda - thanks for all the photos, they're lovely! Looks like you had a great time.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

This are lovely pics, ticky, itīs look like you had a good time!
    EV I hope everything goes well and you and they others have a nice time!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

As if I don't have enough going on right now in my life, Larry threw another pot in the fire yesterday. I came home from grocery shopping, opened the door with hands full of bags only to come face to face with a HUGE dog! Larry and Katie were standing behind him with guilty looks on their faces. Seems my husband had found him wondering around in the street and on the railroad tracks and people were swerving to get around him. Larry made it around him and a half mile up the road, stopped in the CVS parking lot to "think" about it and said he just "had to" go back and get him out of the traffic. I guess Larry opened his truck door and the dog came right up to him, tail wagging and ended up jumping into the truck and sitting down as if to say "let's go home". This poor thing is all skin and bones, has some skin issues, cuts scrapes that haven't been taken care of. Is very mild mannered and friendly. Him and Pickles are getting along great and he backs away from the cats every time he gets anywhere close to one. In looking at him closer, I believe that he is very young, a year or less, and is probably going to get even bigger. I think he's a Husky mix, possibly Beagle? He has a Husky face but the markings of a Beagle. I called the vet this morning to see if anyone had called about a lost dog. No one had, but I told her I wasn't surprised because I don't believe he's been taken care of and we would love to keep him. Her advice to us was to NOT advertise that we found him if we think he's been neglected and keep him if we want to take care of him.

Long story short, he has a vet appointment on Thursday to have him checked out. Looks like we have a new family member. We just have to come up with a name. I will get some pics later and post them. Maybe one of you can come up with something.

Another thing I find very strange tho is that he has yet to make ANY sound. NOTHING! No bark, no grunt, no growl, nothing! Eva, maybe you can shed some light on that! Wouldn't we hear something? Also believe he has been in a house or had some training some where along the line because he is so well behaved and has not had an accident yet. Good Boy so far!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Willie, I think you left something out in the middle of the story. I got the impression at the beginning that you weren't very happy when you saw this dog in your house. But at the end you seem to have accepted it with no problem. Did the conversation with the vet help you decide or did you already want to keep him?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

*G* Sounds like you have a new dog, Willie *G* and he sounds like a sweetheart! You're a rock of jello! (Im the same..ala our newest cat.. )
    I hope the vet gives him a clean bill of health and he stays a sweetheart. Congrats!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

OH PLEASE---I wanted him the minute I sat eyes on him--as I do EVERY animal I ever meet! I am one of the hugest animal lover you will ever meet. My father told my husband before we were married, "to love my daughter is to love every critter she will ever bring home, and she will bring lots of them home." and he does and I have. But the last 3 animals that come into our house have all been brought home by Larry. This is a man that always told me that he didn't care much for animals but yet the week we moved in to our first apartment together, we went and picked out not 1 but 2 cats and within 2 weeks of moving into our house after we bought it, he brought home a Chow Chow puppy one night and surprised me.

It was funny yesterday, if I heard it once, I heard it 3 dozen times, "I just didn't know what else to do." Told him he knows I would of done the same thing!

I just posted a pic of him in the Petmania thread---HELP US NAME HIM!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low