Page 55 of 142 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles memorabilia

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by anne-o-gg View Post
    way back then...lol...so funny
    That did sound bad, eh? I was just trying to recall if they had the screens in the 80's and I don't think they did... but then again, I always had pretty good seats at most concerts, so I could see the stage and didn't need a video. I really have no idea. Hmmm...

And yes... $65 is crazy! (especially since we don't even know what it is)

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    That did sound bad, eh? I was just trying to recall if they had the screens in the 80's and I don't think they did... but then again, I always had pretty good seats at most concerts, so I could see the stage and didn't need a video. I really have no idea. Hmmm...
    Well, I have no idea because I didn't go to any rock concerts in the 80's - I wasn't "allowed"...my first Eagle's concert (and 'rock' concert all together) was this year in Indianapolis...and I'm 39! LOl! You tube would probably a good place to check this out...

~Tonja~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well glad to know I wasn't just being dense. I thought they almost looked like 3D glasses or something. That settles it, emailing the seller with a question to get to the bottom of this. No way would I ever pay that much money no matter what they are but I do want to know.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

ahh-let us know TBF! I'm curious too...they look like little opera glasses to me

~Tonja~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Just received an answer from the seller. They are binoculars and they were sold at the concerts during the Long Run tour---all the better to see you with Timmy!!! I didn't tell her we all think she's asking WAY to much!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

When Verna and I were going to that long series of concerts a few years ago, we always took a small set of field glasses we used for bird watching (Eagles particularly!). But we took my 7x50 astronomical glasses to several concerts.

The big screens were okay, but even with the monster video screens, it seemed to be more "personal" to look at them directly with the binocs.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Wow, I was right. I can't imagine walking into a concert now and being handed those. More importantly, why would I buy binoculars for $65 bucks that come on plastic/cardboard? LOL

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I forgot to say in the Belfast review that Helen our ILAA hostess offered us EARPLUGS going into the gig. I mean if I don't want to hear a band I JUST DON'T GO TO THE GIG!!

We all looked at her as like 'Why?'. Apparently the had to be offered in Switzerland as a health and safety thing!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

ok, for the record, I DID put cotton in my ears because it was really loud - I was a concert virgin you see...but I will tell you, I could hear everything SO clearly, voices, instruments - all the background noise vanished and it was wonderful...

~Tonja~

I knew an avid Lindsey Buckingham fan who paid a heck of a lot of money to always be as close as possible to the stage at the multiple concerts she attended, be it a Lindsey show or Fleetwood Mac. Paying hundreds of dollars to brokers per ticket, eating a ticket in the third row because a first row ticket became available right before the show... you name it. She did whatever it took to be close to Lindsey (including consistently waiting for him in hotel lobbies, but that's another matter). As she often positioned herself at the stage under Lindsey's nose, she brought earplugs to every gig. Honestly, in her case, it was probably smart!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten