Page 32 of 142 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles memorabilia

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Unbelievable! I checked it on Amazon and prices ranged from $16 to well over $100.00. When I saw that one on eBay, I thought it might have been that 12th bonus track that might have driven the cost up. Guess not.

I had to edit this post. That $16 price was what Amazon listed as the "List Price" and none are available at that price. The cheapest one that they list is $88.00.

WOW!

I agree, he may need to think about a "re-release".

Believe me, if it had been $16.00 on Amazon--I would of had it. I stopped at $20.00 on ebay on this one. No way unless it is autographed, am I paying $65.00 for it and for that price I would want him to deliver it himself to me. I just never bought they darn thing years ago and now have been kicking myself for a couple of years because I can't get my hands on it!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Something like that happened to me as I tried to find a "Barnstorm" CD. I have the vinyl and it's not in bad shape (neither is the original cover) though it survived a room flooding when a water line burst in my house one winter. I had a couple of hundred albums leaned up against the wall (we'd just moved in and I hadn't set up anything to store them in).

Anyway, I couldn't find a CD anywhere at the time short of paying zillions for the Japanese produced item. Oh, I had a CD that I'd ripped from the Vinyl but I wanted the "real thing". Finally, my kids found one and gave it to me for Christmas and made them PROMISE never to tell me what they paid for it!

MikeA

I lucked out - there's a used CD store down the road from me where I found a Barnstorm CD for $20! It was an import as well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I lucked out - there's a used CD store down the road from me where I found a Barnstorm CD for $20! It was an import as well.
    There must be some "legal" aspect to re-releasing those older monsters...especially if they were foriegn productions like Barnstorm. You'd think that if there is that much demand for the recordings that someone would jump all over it and get them back on the shelves.

There were several "remastered" CDs released or re-released not too long ago that Bill Szymczyk worked on. Don't remember the details but do remember that some of the older works were re-released on CDs and were made from the original masters enhanced with techniques that were not available back when they were originally recorded.

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I've been checking the Internet on and off for a couple of years for the prices on all of Tim's solo work, and quite honestly, I haven't seen a 'deal' yet. They are always very expensive. Here's my suggestion - Tim should remaster and release his solo collection in a small limited box set edition. Even if the cost were $75 or $80, I think he'd sell a substantial number of copies.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Dreamer-at that price I would buy it in a heartbeat!!

So we are all in agreement--we start a petition to get Tim to re-release all his works at a reasonable price?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Around the first of the year I managed to buy Feed The Fire from Amazon for around $20.00 so I bought it. I guess I lucked out. I also wanted Tell Me The Truth. But everytime I have checked it has been around $65 to 88.00 and I can't afford that.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

It seems all Timmy's cd's tend to go high as I've been browsing around for one for Laura. It would be great is he re released some or made up a Box set. I guess I was very lucky to pick up a signed Glenn SW for £6 earlier this year.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

Try checking cdwarehouse for Tim's cd's. I picked up all 3, "Feed The Fire" with bonus song, "Timothy B." and "Tell Me The Truth", still sealed, all 3 for $116. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyboy View Post
    Try checking cdwarehouse for Tim's cd's. I picked up all 3, "Feed The Fire" with bonus song, "Timothy B." and "Tell Me The Truth", still sealed, all 3 for $116. Steve

Welcome to the madness Jerseyboy! Congrats on the buy!

MikeA