Page 110 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1419

Thread: Eagles memorabilia

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles memorabilia

That is very cool, indeed, OLM. You should definitely try to find a way to preserve it and display it in your Music room.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

terrific find OLMNJ!

and yeah, turntables are pretty affordable. you can get one that's all in one with the speakers built in..portable.

I adore vinyl. and the older the better. as long as it plays, I don't care if it's mint. I'd rather have vinyl that I know was around when it was all happening!

Except for the latest albums, I have all Eagles albums on vinyl including the greatest hits and live albums. my copy of Hotel California is missing the poster, which I didn't know until I saw the poster online. So now I may get another one if I can find it floating around somewhere for a good price again. I'd rather find it in my vinyl expeditions than online (I've seen the posters for sale on ebay, but It's silly to buy just the poster for the same price as an album.)

My copy of On the Border does have the poster in great condition though!

OLMNJ..did the Hotel California records you got include the poster?
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Yep. The 2 HC that i bought yesterday have the poster. And the hc i bought on ebay a month ago (my first hc on vinyl also did). I couldnt believe that store was selling it for essencially 50 cents. HC usually goes for at least 10 online.

I bought on the border vinyl a long time ago at the extinct tower records in nyc but cant remember if it has a poster. Btw the store is scottis record shop in summit. They have been there since the 50s

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

You guys ought to all be very proud of me--- I went to the album show again yesterday and I left ALL the Eagles related albums behind for others to buy. My husband couldn't believe I was walking away every time I saw an Eagles or solo album. I always buy them, as many of you here know and have benefited from before. I saw at least 3 copies of LR, 2 copies of Live, 2 copies of HC, 3 copies of No Fun Aloud, 1 of Building the Perfect Beast, and several Joe and James Gang albums. I'm pretty proud of myself. I had forgotten that the show was yesterday so I didn't get a chance to ask anyone here if they needed anything. Sorry! Next one in a couple of months and if we plan on going, I'll try to post so you guys can give me a list if you need anything. My poster guy wasn't there this time tho.

OMNJ-- You can get something framed with a special glass to protect it from the light. I've had this done with several things in the past. Cost a bit but it's worth it in the Long Run.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Love this thread. Everyone has some really cool items! My small collection consists of stuff that made it through all my moves. The Long Run program from when I saw them at the Yale Bowl, old Rolling Stone magazines, that California Rock, California Sound book, etc. Oh, and my prized possession from when I was 13. I wrote Don a letter (seriously, but I was 13) and got back an autographed picture that says "Erin, thanks for your letter, Don" on it. I can still picture some poor intern sitting there writing it . Nonetheless, it's a nice promo photo from HC, and it still makes me smile to look at it.

I see a lot of you have vinyl. I stupidly got rid of my big stereo system, including turntable, about 10 years ago in an apartment clean out. Is there any smallish system that you all would recommend, that has decent sound?

The one smart thing I did was not to get rid of my vinyl. Because of a brother who drilled "take good care of your albums" into my head as a teenager, they are all in pretty good shape, and I could never bear to part with them. And now I buy vinyl of newer artists, who I like. But I can't play them. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this question.

Speaking of Eagles vinyl, do you all know how hard it is to find a gatefold copy of the first album? I bought mine in probably '76, and it's not a gatefold. Would love to find that.

Thanks!

NYC

I recommend you first buy a vintage reciever from the 70's...I just did. They are much better quality and better looking than the plain black ones of today. I got a Technics sa-300 off a local guy on Craigslist for $55....and it sounds fantastic. My dada has a Technics sa-400 which he is going to give to me. and there are many other brands you can get from the 70s. All of them usually have a Brushed aluminum face and wood cabinet. Price can vary from $60 to $150...for most. Look on ebay...though locally is best cause you save on shipping.

For Turntables you can get for $100 a new "USB" type that is made to convert to mp3s but also can be played normally connected to AUX of your receiver.

This is the receiver I bought for 55 and blows away my newer 5.1 sony.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Wow the turn table looks awesome. I will buy one soon!! The vinyles have posters in them?!! Now I need to buy them.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Thanks OMNJ! Will look into that. What kills me is that the system I gave away had a Pioneer receiver that I bought in probably 1980 that looks a whole lot like your Technics one. Sigh. What was I thinking?

I need to really look into this, and also get the last milk crate of my albums out of my mom's house. I have my favorites in my apt. already, but don't have them all here. I want to listen to those old albums again.

Thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Thanks OMNJ! Will look into that. What kills me is that the system I gave away had a Pioneer receiver that I bought in probably 1980 that looks a whole lot like your Technics one. Sigh. What was I thinking?

I need to really look into this, and also get the last milk crate of my albums out of my mom's house. I have my favorites in my apt. already, but don't have them all here. I want to listen to those old albums again.

Thanks for the tips!
    I bet it was a pioneer that was that style. I have been keeping my eye open for Pioneers of the 70s....for example the Pioneer SX-780 and others above and below it. Pioneers are highly regarded Receviers from the 70s even more than the Technics.

The price can range from 100 to 200 or more if a top line model. The pioneer sx-1980 for example is a monster at 270 watts per channel. It was the TOL 70's receiver and cost more that $1000 back then and today still cost that or more. But few need 270 watts. My new one is 35 watts per channel and I cant get it past 2 without being too loud. Todays ratings of watts are fishy so dont trust new receivers that say they are 100 Watts per channel. Its a loophole companies found to promote power. But in the 70s the watts were real.

This is the SX-780.

the feel of these receivers are just so much nicer than anything post 1980 when things started getting cheap and ugly in the receiver world.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawman13 View Post
    Wow the turn table looks awesome. I will buy one soon!! The vinyles have posters in them?!! Now I need to buy them.

Yep this is what the HC poster looks like.