Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Let us talk favorites

Out on the Border

Default Re: Let us talk favorites

The Sad Cafe is one of my all time favorite eagles songs, i love the way the music and the lyrics were written, and it seemed like such a departure from the normal eagles stuff. But i have looked absolutely everywhere but i cannot find a video of them performing it like back in 79 or 80. if anyone knows where to find a live concert video of it PLEASE let me know

Travis

Hi Travis,

I wish I could help you, but I have no idea were a video of that may be. I have not actually been able to locate ANY video concert bootleg from The Long Run tour. Hope springs eternal though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Well after taking a closer look at the download section i noticed the featured show and to my amazement it was the long beach show and even more to amazement contained a live audio of the sad cafe! the live performance gave me goosebumps, would love to know if any other live audios existed from the long run era

I think there will be some more live audio somewhere, I'm sorry but I can't help you also.. I wish I had those live vids or mp3s too..
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

I love Randy and His smile!!!!!!

auntmeda:}

There are a million things I could list, but right now, I love Don's little mannerisms/movements when he's singing and drumming at the same time. I love the way he sits and the fact that he can't seem to keep his head still (think Kirshner, Ol' 55!) It's adorable. I also love the kind of headbanging he does in the background of the BBC 1973 concert, when he's sat behind the drumkit. I guess it comes under the category of "getting into the music"

I also love the habit he has of glancing into the camera (seemingly by mistake!) and then looking away. One moment that springs to mind is on the BBC '73 show during Train Leaves Here This Morning, and the other is during Heart Of The Matter on HFO after he sings "I miss you baby". He glances at the camera and looks down with a kind of shy but knowing look on his face... Sigh.

If I had to choose a favourite song, it would either be Wasted Time or The Last Resort. It's an impossible decision really, but those two were the ones that captured me in terms of the lyrics and the soulful sound of Don's voice. I never get tired of them and they never fail to stir up some emotion in me when I listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    This afternoons list:

1) I love Don's honestly. In his Charlie Rose interview, he discuss the drug use of the 70's and says (paraphrasing), "I wonder if we weren't on those things, if we would have made more hits, maybe not?" It's does not seem that he has any regrets and I LOVE that about a person. Don't apologize for your past, just except it as part of your life lessons.

2) I love that even though, back in the day, when Glenn was quite the stud... all the ladies that have ever commented on him, say what a gentalman he was. I can totally see that about him!

3) I love that Timothy is so soft spoken, yet is presence is very noticeable.

4) I love that Joe hasn't lost his quirkiness.

Glenn's gotten more studly as he has gotten older My favorites are Don's butt, blue eyes, and sexy voice, Glenn's deep blue eyes, Joe's quirky sense of humor, and Timmy's quietness.

A few other favourite Eagle-related things that spring to mind today:

The way Glenn kind of falls back from the mic with his guitar on HFO during Get Over It. HOT!

Any incident where the guys make each other laugh. I love watching Glenn crack up over something Joe has said, or when Joe gently teases Don (eg: the "who's guitar is this?" incident, or "Henley's not done with me yet." I had seriously naughty thoughts about that last comment!) There's another interview where Joe says something like "That's why I like sitting next to Don Henley" (something about his 'calming influence'), which makes Don laugh. Just warm fuzzy stuff.

Don's nervousness during Hotel California on HFO. The way he inhales deeply between the lines makes me want to give him a big cuddle.

Joe's HFO hair.

Glenn's HFO hair.

Don's HFO ha... You get the picture.

My favourite album at the moment is Desperado. I love the whole theme, and the Doolin' Dalton/Desperado reprise makes me swoon. As does Saturday Night. And who doesn't want to rock out to Out Of Control?

The whole of Seven Bridges Road, but especially the way their voices deepen when they sing "honey". Gah.

Maybe this is because I'm a Brit, but I love the guys' accents! Glenn's speaking voice is really cool and it makes him sound eternally young and enthusiastic to me. Hearing Don talk just totally makes me swoon. Especially in one of the live intros to Talking To The Moon when he's talking about working for his dad back in Texas - "in the summertime" and selling things "to people who didn't know what in the hell they wanted." Sigh.

Joe during HFO's Help Me Through The Night. His voice, his eyes, and his general intensity/vulnerability during that song.

Glenn's voice on Peaceful Easy Feeling. That song has long been a favourite for the kind of mellow, youthful vibe I get from it. The first few lines are magical and it's the song that made me really love and appreciate Glenn's voice.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Those are good examples, Troubadour.

At the moment I have a big thing about Glenn's harmonies with Don in the title track of LROOE - all the 'pilgrims & prodigals creeping toward the dawn' stuff. I do hope I get to see the two of them sing this live some day.