Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let us talk favorites

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I like your idea MF. I'm going for one a day as well. For today, I'll pick the thing that always stands out in my mind when I think about why I love this band so much.

It is because when I play any Eagles album, it is not like listening to the same song over and over again. Every song is unique.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    It is because when I play any Eagles album, it is not like listening to the same song over and over again. Every song is unique.
    Indeed!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

The one idea a day is a good one.

Today's favorite thing about the band is that I never tire of listening to their songs. I've listened to some of their songs for what, 36 years? They are timeless. I still love them.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Goodness, gracious, where do I start? There is so much about this band that I love: the music, the boys themselves... and I can write and write and write about each one in depth! I think I'll pick one thing that I love each day. How's that?
    Good idea. I didn't respond to this topic right away bec there are SO many things I love about them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Today, it will be the way Glenn and Don sound together. OH! Pure heaven! It is not often that two voices blend the way theirs do (the other example that springs to mind immediately is John Lennon and Paul McCartney). WOW!!!
    I completely agree--I adore the way Don & Glenn's voices blend together.
    One funny note: While the Lennon-McCartney comment is heard often and always complementary, I get the feeling that occasionally Don doesn't much care for the comparison. On Don's Storytellers show, he was talking about how the producers wanted him to sing an Eagles song, and he said he didn't want to--he had been singing those songs for years and he was sure everyone was tired of them (plus he was plugging his latest solo effort). The producers said, No, you HAVE to sing an Eagles song--if you don't, it would be like Paul McCartney not singing a Beatles' song. And Don laughed ruefully and said, "Yeah, it would be exactly like that."

i'll add one thing a day to my list:

4. I love how Joe is crazy on stage - he never fails to put a smile on my face
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

This afternoons list:

1) I love Don's honestly. In his Charlie Rose interview, he discuss the drug use of the 70's and says (paraphrasing), "I wonder if we weren't on those things, if we would have made more hits, maybe not?" It's does not seem that he has any regrets and I LOVE that about a person. Don't apologize for your past, just except it as part of your life lessons.

2) I love that even though, back in the day, when Glenn was quite the stud... all the ladies that have ever commented on him, say what a gentalman he was. I can totally see that about him!

3) I love that Timothy is so soft spoken, yet is presence is very noticeable.

4) I love that Joe hasn't lost his quirkiness.

All very good points, LTL.

Default great idea

What a great topic idea! Like everyone else, I think I'll post one thing at a time since there are so many things I like.
    I'll start with the first thing which will be Timothy-related of course...

On a purely shallow level...the HAIR

But the one thing that I truly like about Timothy is that he seems to be such a genuine person, nothing fake or pretensious about him.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

My favorite album is the debut because I like everything about it - songs, musical style, laid-back vibe, album cover design, photos, etc.

My favorite photos come from the session in Topanga Canyon which produced one side of the On The Border insert, because all of the guys look cool and I like their clothes a lot, especially the denim shirts and Don's with the cartoon mushrooms

My favorite Eagles trivia fact is that all the members of the original band were Water signs

Ooooooo....what do I love....................

1. I love the gritty soul in Don's voice. I remember reading somewhere how someone said in an interview that Don's voice was the most soulful voice they'd ever heard without adding all the runs in it. I would agree. There is such deep emotion in his voice and it can go from a sexy rasp to piercing heights.

2. I love how perfect both Don and Glenn blend with each other but in different ways. I was just talking about this with Soda on the phone a while back. Glenn blends so smoothly with everyone, just perfect harmonies. Don also blends perfectly with everyone but has a bit more distinct sound in his harmonies.

3. I love the little interactions between the guys on stage that remind you that beyond all the stories you read about them.....they have known each other for a very long time and care very much for each other.

4. I love how much you can tell that Timothy truly enjoys himself while performing. I love watching him play the bass! As someone else mentioned, I love that he's so quiet but yet such a powerful presence.

5. I love Joe's dry/quirky sense of humor and the way he interacts with the crowd and his bandmates. I love how goofy he is in trying to bring a smile to everyone's faces.