Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Living in a bubble ... an Eagles fan w/out knowing

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I'm just teasing you!!!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    I'm just teasing you!!!! :P
    No problem. This topic is all in fun, after all.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I sit here poundering... what is it about a man 22 years my senior that makes my heart go pitter patter?

Honestly, I have a thing for men who can sing! I like to have drink or two at concerts... one time, I went to see Aerosmith and I was just heading out to grab a beer... then Steven Tyler walked on stage... I froze and didn't move until the concert was over. That man mesmorized me. I can only imagine how I'd be if I saw Glenn.

Although... I'm up for pretty much any musician... I mean, Hello Tommy Lee!

I'm telling you all... I missed my true calling as a groupie! :P
    LTL that is EXACTLY how I felt the night Glenn walked out on the stage and into my heart in Dublin 2 years ago. Since I met my husband I had NEVER looked at another man that way until then (although again, it wasn't that it wasn't on offer ) He even used to tease me by saying things like 'Surely any woman would find ..... attractive'. So you can IMAGINE how I felt. It was like time stopped, and there was just Glenn and me in the stadium and no one else. Silly really looking back but that was the force his presence hit me with. Glenn Frey is the only man to have that effect on me in nearly 20 years, yet apart from acknowledging that he's my favourite Eagle (And that was only 2 weeks ago) I just can't bring up the topic. Its almost that its too special to me.
    Glenn is nearly 20 years older than me but again, that would mean absolutely nothing. Just like yours, my heart flips any time I'm watching him and any time I hear his songs played on the radio. At night he is the last person I think about when I am falling asleep and in the morning he is the first thing on my mind when I waken.
    If I had the means and the freedom I too would travel anywhere and across the States to see him play. I would dearly love to see a solo show and have been dropping small subtle hints at home re the States and Eagles gigs. But what I'd really like would be a Glenn solo gig. And if I'm ever priviledged enough to meet him some day it would be my dream come true.

I've always been faithful to my marriage vows and realistically always will be. But put into either of the situations you described to Nancy (WOW LTL that first one sent me into ORBIT) I know I would not be able to refuse. Its as well I never WILL be in them. But there's always room for fantasy and a girl can always dream

Glenn Frey
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

When I turned on my computer this morning, this was the first story I saw on my MSNBC main page. Pretty funny, in light of the discussion above:
    ----------------------------------------------

John Mayer Admits to Fling with Fan

Not one to leave the gossip game to the tabloids, John Mayer dished about himself in an interview with New York City’s Z100 radio station Tuesday night. The singer-songwriter surprised listeners with a revelation about his bad-boy days.

When an audience member from the Z100 Lounge asked Jennifer Aniston’s main man if he ever “hooked up” with a fan after a concert, he decided to come clean about his past.

“I might have hooked up with people, but as soon as I hooked up, they weren’t fans anymore,” John laughed before switching to a more serious tone. "The answer is, yes, I have. But not in a really long time.”

These answers are just way too political!

Lets face it... Eagle of your choice is standing in your personal space telling you how he'd like a night with you ... the whole time you feel his breath on your face... his hand on the small of your back. You are taking in his body heat, he leans in to whisper in your ear that he has a nice hotel suite, and his hair brushes your face...

Say no to that! HA!
    Stop it! Stop it!! STOP IT!!! I am having impure thoughts about Glenn right now!!!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Henley
    Haha!! You're a good girl Brooke!

I think that if Don should asked, I went with him to his hotel suite..hell I'm just 16, I don't have the permission to do it..Oh whatever!
    Mrs Henley, you're WAY too young to be such a bad girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter

Lets face it... Eagle of your choice is standing in your personal space telling you how he'd like a night with you ... the whole time you feel his breath on your face... his hand on the small of your back. You are taking in his body heat, he leans in to whisper in your ear that he has a nice hotel suite, and his hair brushes your face...

Say no to that! HA!
    Well I'm going against the grain here. After all its only pure fantasy.

I'd say................ YES!

I genuinely don't think I'd be able to resist Glenn in that situation! I have to be honest! He is the ONLY person in this world that I would go with.
    Girlfriend, you'd have to get past ME first!!!

As if!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts

Say no to that! HA!
    Dang girl, you should be writing romance novels. :: fans self ::
    LOL, Soda! Gosh, how did I manage to miss so much fun in this thread?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Honestly, I have a thing for men who can sing! I like to have drink or two at concerts... one time, I went to see Aerosmith and I was just heading out to grab a beer... then Steven Tyler walked on stage... I froze and didn't move until the concert was over. That man mesmorized me. I can only imagine how I'd be if I saw Glenn.

I'm telling you all... I missed my true calling as a groupie! :P
    You are too funny, ltl!

You know, I saw Aerosmith a few years ago and Steven Tyler is not attractive to me at all, but he had me mesmerized, too. Maybe it is the performer/musician thing that gets us!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

"No. Obviously he's sexy as hell but one must resist temptation when they are married!
    " - From Soda

Yeah... right... This from the woman who travels FAR and WIDE to see the man. Heck, you hop on planes, drive the distance... :P

I dunno... I think a little hint of nookie from Glenn would send you into a tailspin! If Glenn approached you for a night of steamy passion... oh girl, you wouldn't be able to hold yourself back! Dang, a police braggade couldn't hold you back. Just hear the words... "Nancy, I'm so glad to see you again. Would you like to accompany me back to my hotel? (whisper) It'll be our little secret" Oh girl, you can't even read this w/out wanting more! LOL [/quote]

I must admit, this post really cracked me up! Shame on you, LTLH - I'm sure you must have made poor Soda blush and blush and blush! You BAD girl!