Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Living in a bubble ... an Eagles fan w/out knowing

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

MF-Thank you and well stated!!! I was hoping I wasn't the only one that thought that remark from Mrs Henley was a bit, shall we say, out of line! I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way these 60 year old men looked at teenage girls and gave the impression that the were interested in spending the night with them-not only because they are married family men but because they could be a real big trouble if they did!!! Come on!! And now I am going to let the mother in me kick in here- If I had come across a comment like that on a board that my daughter (who is about the same age) posted on-she would have had an ear full from mommy!!! I appreciate the fact that we have young ladies that are fans here on the board and that they are more than welcome to post all they want, but can we use some common sense and respect others and not "take over" the board?

Sorry if this seems a little harsh and offends anyone-but the last couple of days I have been trying to "muddle" thru the topics here and it's been rather difficult with some of the "small talk" that is happening.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    MF-Thank you and well stated!!! I was hoping I wasn't the only one that thought that remark from Mrs Henley was a bit, shall we say, out of line! I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way these 60 year old men looked at teenage girls and gave the impression that the were interested in spending the night with them-not only because they are married family men but because they could be a real big trouble if they did!!! Come on!! And now I am going to let the mother in me kick in here- If I had come across a comment like that on a board that my daughter (who is about the same age) posted on-she would have had an ear full from mommy!!! I appreciate the fact that we have young ladies that are fans here on the board and that they are more than welcome to post all they want, but can we use some common sense and respect others and not "take over" the board?

Sorry if this seems a little harsh and offends anyone-but the last couple of days I have been trying to "muddle" thru the topics here and it's been rather difficult with some of the "small talk" that is happening.
    People said they did. I didn't saw it, but OK.

Sorry if you guys should be mad on me or something
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Henley

You know, to tell you the truth, I wasn't even so happy when people told about how Don and Glenn looked at us, I mean they're over 60 (or they become 60) and when they are looking in that way to us (girls of 16 and 19) than you don't have a great feeling.
    And now we are going to make them sound like "dirty old men" -- This is getting a bit out of hand!!

I'm not saying they are 'dirty old men'..

I'm sorry!

TBF, did you get my PM?

TBF, did you get my PM?
    I did indeed-thanks! Maybe things don't always come across the way we mean them -especially when there is a language difference. Just be careful!

TBF, did you get my PM?
    I did indeed-thanks! Maybe things don't always come across the way we mean them -especially when there is a language difference. Just be careful!
    Great. Yes I think that's the problem! I'll, Thanks!

DF-Thanks for getting back on topic again!!!
    Well, I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Well, I tried.
    And I think you did it good, shall we just going on with getting back on the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Well, I tried.
    Phew. Thanks, DF.
    I've quoted this before, but when I first got Eagles Live on cassette I thought Joe was a guest with the Eagles - something about the way he was introduced (and I had no idea that it was Glenn doing the introductions). I was also so ignorant that I don't think I had realised that there was more than one vocalist until I got Hotel California on cd about four years ago.
    Things have come a long way since then!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...