Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: JD Souther

Default Re: JD Souther

Guess what I just found out!! JD Souther is playing in my old neighbourhood tommorow night and I'm GOING! He's playing in a small venue in Toronto just blocks from where I grew up! It's gonna be amazing!

I'm envious, Kath! Have a fabulous time and be sure to tell us all about it!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

That's wonderful! I would love to see JD in concert!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

tf, how was it? We need to know! lol
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

LOL It was great!

I went down at about noon time to get my ticket ( as there was no way for me to purchase it online and I wanted to be sure to get a ticket) . So once I had purchased it I went for lunch and then wandered around my old neighbourhood (checked out my old apartment, went and sat in the church yard of the church I had attended). By 5pm I was bored so I sat at a nearby coffee shop and waited. The doors opened at 6:30 but I had been told since I was not eating there was no point in my coming til 7ish.. well I was there at 6:30! Good thing too, cause I ended up with a GREAT seat! I was right by the stage diagianol to JD (the piano player Chris Walter's back was in front of me)with just one small table between myself and the stage. I was probably 12 feet from JD, an AWESOME view! I could actually hear JD speaking to the Chris Walters.

I did not keep track of the set list but in terms of Eagles songs he played Heartache Tonight Victim of love and New kid in town.

JD mentioned that he had a cold but other than the fact that he was wiping his nose you never woulda noticed, he sounded GREAT! He kept asking Chris between songs which key each song was in... and after one song Chris commented that he (JD) had done that song in a key that they never used before and that it had been an adventure! hehehe

JD told the story of he and Glenn and Don were writing Heartache Tonight and were stuck and that Glenn apparently played it over the phone for Bob Seger and thats how the chorus came about!

One funny/scary moment in the evening... It was nearing the end of the night and a lady after watching JD wipe his nose with his hand... stands up takes a napkin from her table, steps up on stage ( there was no blockade on the stage and the stage was only elevated slightly) walks over and gives it to him. He looked absouletly TERRIFIED! He actually said that he was concerned that she was giving him a note!

After the show I was able to meet JD for a few seconds and get the poster they had for sale there autographed. I also bought my dad JD's new CD and got that autographed (personalised to my father). I wanted to do this for my dad because he was the one who found out about JD playing at the last minute AND was kind enought to buy me the ticket. I was dissapointed that Dad couldn't share this with me as his health is not the best right now.. though it is improving!. So I ask JD to autographed the CD for my father!

It was neat meeting JD though it was very rushed, I got the feeling the wanted to get it done and get home as he was not feeling well and I can certainly understand that! He and I did speak briefly about Glenn and how JD is playing in Glenn's home town in the next few days... I was teasing him would Glenn be joining him, etc...

Anyway it was a great evening and I could not have asked for better seats ( some reviews of the venue had said that if you don't order dinner you get crappy seats, not the case for me at all!)

Thanks for the review, Kath! Hope your dad feels better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by timfan
    JD told the story of he and Glenn and Don were writing Heartache Tonight and were stuck and that Glenn apparently played it over the phone for Bob Seger and thats how the chorus came about!
    I've never heard this story before - cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Greetings Friends -

Just wanted to let you know that JD will be performing at Music City Roots this Wednesday (9/1) at the Loveless Barn in Nashville, TN. You can stream live video and audio by clicking here.

JD will be joined by Chris Walter's on piano, and Viktor Krauss on bass, and there will also be an interview segment, so be sure to tune in!

Later this month, JD will be heading back to the NE for a few shows in NJ and NY. Click the links below for more info, and to buy tickets.

9.24: The Stephen Talkhouse - Amagansett, NY (w/ Amy Speace)
    9:25: The Sanctuary - Chatham, NJ (w/ Amy Speace)
    9.26: The Turning Point - Piermont, NY (w/ Amy Speace)

Thanks for your continued support!
    © JD Souther

MikeA

I am all set to see the Chatham show this Saturday after work with my friend, who also saw JD last time with me. She had no idea who he was the first go 'round, but obviously liked him well enough to see him again! It will be interesting to see if he changes the show up a lot or a little. I'm especially curious to see if those little seemingly off-the-cuff jokes are actually carefully scripted (they really don't seem to be, but you never know!)
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Can't wait to hear all about it, EV. And, BTW, good to hear from you - we've missed ya around here. I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I know...I have to get back into my Border groove. I think about you all a LOT. It's just time is rarer these days. I think you might remember Chatham as the town you drove in through right before reaching Madison. If I'm not mistaken, you might have stopped in their brand-new Dunkin Donuts!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...