Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Default Re: American Idol

For me, last night was about Jeff Beck and Carrie Underwood. Man, can Beck play or WHAT! And Carrie. Yesh! She can really belt it out.

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've been trying to watch the past couple weeks and catch up on who's who.

I was shocked that Casey was in the bottom three. I really like him, but felt that he didn't do much with Don't Stop.

I've seen but haven't gotten to hear Crystal yet.

Loved Carrie. What pipes!

As for the Black Eyed Peas, do you call that singing? I have heard Fergie before and know that she can, but last night all she did was yell rock that body.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh, ITA about the Black-Eyed Peas! I actually like some of their music, but they were awful last night. Carrie shone - that's how it's done! Beck and Lennox were great... Elton John seemed ragged vocally, but it's such a great song I'll forgive him. Blige... not bad, but not that great either. The comedy bits were funny in places, but overall not that great. George Lopez started out so good on that "judging the judges bit" by really razzing Randy, but his bits on the other three fell flat. The "empty phone bank" has some really funny parts but dragged on too long and had some lame parts, too. Wanda Sykes was the funniest one but even she started strong and ended with an "eh."

I can't believe they didn't let Tim have a sing-out. They were already 20 minutes over, what's a couple more? He was ROBBED. Just one more kick at Tim. I swear, he's not even that great of a talent, but I wanted him to stay just out of pity for the way he was treated!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    but I wanted him to stay just out of pity for the way he was treated!
    You mean not letting him sing out or do you think he was treated badly in another way?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

They seemed particularly harsh with him sometimes. I remember Kara at one point looking at him and saying slowly, "I don't think he understands what we're saying," as if he were mentally challenged or something!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    They seemed particularly harsh with him sometimes. I remember Kara at one point looking at him and saying slowly, "I don't think he understands what we're saying," as if he were mentally challenged or something!
    Yeah, I do remember that. She was talking about him as if he wasn't standing right there. I think maybe that is also the same week Simon said, "It doesn't matter what we say, he's going to be here next week." I agree with you that what Kara said was not nice.

I think the judges were mystified that at that point Tim was the weakest and America wasn't listening to them.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I had a feeling Tim would leave, and hubby, who doesn't even watch Idol, called it before I did!
    Even though I didn't like Tim that much, I thought he had some good weeks-his performance of "Can't Help Falling in Love" was really really touching.
    I wish him all the best, and here's hoping Crystal or Lee win it all!

I think they were all pretty hot last night...country night, of all things! I hope it's Big Mike to go!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I thought they all did pretty well last night. I'm coming in late, but what is with Crystal's hair? Are those dreadlocks? Does she always have them? Don't know if I can get past those!

And as you all know, I'm a hair gal and Casey's "got it"! What a cutie and loved his performance!

I thought Lee's performance was great, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Got to be honest here....I was NOT impressed with Crystal's performance last night. I think she sang the song well, but I think she could have found a much better song by Twain to sing!

On the other hand, the one that I've been least impressed with (Soighmnzyxpt or whatever her name is) did really well on her selection...until the last screaming trill at the end of the song. She should have left that out.

I didn't see any of the other performances, but Crystal just may find herself in the bottom after last night if people do not "remember" the previous hundred weeks the show's been on.

And "yeah" I think those are dreadlocks Crystal has and I don't think she's going to get rid of them <LOL>

MikeA