Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Default Re: American Idol

Interesting night! Some surprises for me.

My boy Matt - he's so sexy, but his voice wavered a few times. Still, want him to stay

Kris - for the first time, I see his appeal. He did a great job.

Scott - I've been thinking he's not that hot, but he did good tonight. What's with all the judge hate? I think they're trying to prove they're not favoring him because he's blind by going too far the other way.

Megan - GO. HOME.

Anoop - great vocals, but I have to agree with Simon that it was boring.

Michael - the more they hate on this guy, the more I want him to stay. He's so likeable. Still, I have to admit, I don't think he's gonna win it. Simon cracked me up when he called Paula's bizarre advice "Nonsense." Indeed!

Lil' Rounds - I liked her, too. The judges are telling her not to do upbeat songs... I thought they wanted people to demonstrate versatility???

Adam - I'm still not a huge fan, but he showed he can pull off subtlety, which again was a surprise to me.

Danny - I liked it, but I thought it was weird how they made a big deal of him listening to Smokey's advice to sing those lines... and he didn't. Not his best performance, I think. I was also distracted remembering how Don sang backup on this song in 1997 and how awesome it was.

Allison - WOW.

Who will be in the bottom three:
    Megan, Michael, Scott

Who will go home: Megan (I hope!)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This was the first time I really saw what fans see in Adam and Allison. I thought both of them did great. Adam looked soooo different, it amazed me. I also thought that Matt was hot--definitely in his element. I'm also liking Kris's style. I think it will get pretty tough to choose near the end...at this point, I think there's still a few I can do without.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I'm stealing your format here Soda to post my observations as well

Matt - LOVE Matt! Very Justin Timberlakeish. lol! He adds his own twist to stuff and makes it his own. My 2nd fav. in the competition right now!

Kris - LOVED Kris tonight! I thought he did absolutely awesome! I love his acoustic John Mayer/Jason Mraz vibe he's got going on. I disagree with the judges though....I don't think you need to have the confidence of "I'm all that." Sometimes it's nice to see someone who is super talented and doesn't know it!

Scott - Probably my favorite performance by Scott but still not a fan. However, he is amazing on the piano!

Megan - Sooooo not a fan. She didn't do bad on the Patsy Cline song last week but just not a fan. She's my pick to go home this week!

Anoop - I'm starting to really see, or I guess it's hear lol, what a great voice Anoop has! However, I'm waiting for them to give him a makeover because he just doesn't look the part of a star yet. I remember last year when they gave David Cook a makeover and all of a sudden everybody was like holy crap....he's hot! Where'd that come from? lol So I'm thinking they give him a different hair style and an eyebrow wax and tada.....welcome to the big show Anoop!

Michael - I love Michael, I really do. He's so genuine and as Nancy said, so likeable. And also like Nancy, the more the judges are harsh on him...the more I like him! I love his soulful voice and I actually thought motown fit him very well. Maybe he did try to do a few too many runs but it was nowhere near as bad as the judges made it sound like it was! How on earth are they kinder to Megan than they are Michael???? lol!

Lil' Rounds - Lil' has a fabulous voice...there's no denying that. But she's just not one of my fav.'s. I think maybe it's because the judges have been drooling over her since the very beginning and I think she's starting to show that she KNOWS they love her and that if it were up to them she'd be in the finals. She did good tonight....and like I said she has a great voice....but not really unique.

Adam - Tonight was my favorite performance by Adam but I'm still not a fan. His performance of "Ring of Fire" destroyed any chance of me ever becoming a fan I think. lol I didn't like his attitude at all last week and thought he came off a little disrespectful to Johnny, Randy, and country music as a whole. But he definently moved up a little with tonight's performance. It was nice to see him without the nail polish (thank God) and without the dramatic eye shadow and hair. He reminded me of a young Elvis tonight. Sometimes mellow and mild is better. lol

Danny - I love Danny....I've made that clear. lol Wasn't my FAVORITE performance by him....but he still did great. I just love that smoky, soulful voice! However I, too, found it odd how they made sure and show the part about the backup singers and then Danny didn't even do as was suggested. Strange.

Allison - That girl has major chops! Wow! By far my favorite female in the competition and she's fighting with Matt and Kris as to who is my #2 spot favorite! lol How can she be only 16?? Crazy! LOVE the raspy powerful voice!

Who will be in the bottom three:
    Megan, Michael, Scott

Who will go home: Well, I HOPE Megan does.....but I have a feeling Michael might.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I finally got to watch part of the show at least. I missed the first 3, so can't comment on them. My favorites were Adam and Allison.

During Adam's performance I was also thinking he reminded me of young Elvis. I missed his Johnny Cash song, so evidently from comments, that was good.

Allison really does have a voice, but can't say I like the odd hair color.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke,

Adam's "Johnny Cash" song wasn't a "Johnny Cash" song. The only semblance to Ring of Fire was some of the lyrics. He completely changed the style into something that I can't even begin to define and it WAS NOT GOOD.

With that said, I stood amazed at that upper register he has. It ain't natural! <LOL> I've got to say that his "Tracks of My Tears" or "Tears of a Clown" or whatever the name of that Robbinson masterpiece, it was good. Different but very good.

MikeA

Matt - Not my fave, but doesn't deserve to go.

Kris - I liked Kris tonight,too. It just goes to show you, anybody can potentially make a comeback and win this thing!

Scott - Except Scott

Megan - And Megan. I thought judge Kara did a great job tonight. I found myself agreeing with her critiques most of the time, especially with Megan when she said she would have rather heard her do My Guy.

Anoop - Just okay.

Michael - I don't see what you guys see. He's in the same category as Anoop.

Lil Rounds - Great, powerful voice - just not my thing.

Adam - Adam's vocals and performing skills always blow me away. So far, IMO, he deserves to be in the finale.

Danny - Danny is consistently good - he needs to shake it up though!

Allison - What can I say? How about awesome! This girl needs to stick around for a long time!

Bottom three - Scott, Megan and Michael.

Prediction - The journey ends for Michael.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I can't believe Matt was in the Bottom 3, and not Megan! I think she's getting boosted by Vote for the Worst. Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye, Michael. I'll miss you!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I agree Nancy! It's so frustrating to watch!

I know! But in a warped kind of way I always breath a sigh of relief when Megan makes it through! And I'm not the only one - a woman I work with wants her to stay too. I can't figure myself out!

Honestly, I realize that only two are going to the finale. The rest of them are all going home, and for me, with a handful of them it doesn't matter in what order they go.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I had the show on when Megan was singing, but wasn't paying close attention. From what I saw, I didn't think she was as bad as the judges went on. I'm kinda glad she made it through.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten