Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Default Re: American Idol

Brooke, I'm curious how you liked the show overall - Ryan, the judges, the set, etc...?

It 'seems' like a different show in these beginning stages. I like it much better when they get to the final twelve and lose the live interviews, the stairs and go to a nicer auditorium.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Casey's expressions bothered me, too. It reminded me of Jim Nabors (aka Gomer Pyle) - my mom loved his voice, but the faces he made... yikes!

Was it me or did the backing band/singers seem too loud sometimes?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Ha! I nearly choked on my Apple watching the Jim Nabors commercial. Too funny.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Me, too!

Pm, I actually liked the show. I have watched a few times during other seasons, but this was the first time this season.

I could do without the interviews after they sing. And does it seem to anyone else that Randy's views also seem to be Kara's (?) views? I think they should alternate which judge goes first in giving their opinions. Last night Randy was first every time, followed by Kara (?), Paula, then Simon.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh yeah, Simon always goes last! (It's probably in his contract!)
    ~ Cathy ~

I called Alexis and Danny, but I'm really surprised Michael Sarver beat out Anoop. I liked both of them, though, so I'm cool with it. Tatiana didn't have as big a meltdown as I expected from losing, lol. Stevie held it together, too, just like she did when the judges reamed her the night before. Impressive for one so young. Best of luck to her in the future.

Maybe Anoop will be the wild card? I just hope they don't make Tatiana the wild card.... no more of her, please! I would like it if Ricky Braddy got a wild card. I'm not sure if they pick just one wild card from each group, or if it's combo'ed from all the rejects.

Loved that group song they did! However, I thikn it's lame to make the people who got through sing their song again. We just heard those yesterday, and you showed clips from them before the show. What's the point? But then again, I also don't like the "Let's repeat all the crap said about you before we tell you you're out, just to make it hurt worse." Lovely.

Looking forward to Matt G. next week - hopefully he doesn't disappoint me like poor Stevie did. I think she was just too young to deal with perfoming in front of so many people; you know she has a great voice. She just choked when it came time to deliver that voice.

Hey, usually they make the one person voted off that week sing their song again, which has got to be hard! I guess they had to have all 3 surviviors sing again to fill the hour...them, plus Michael and the woman from last season as well, LOL.

They actually never said hoiw the wild card would work, so I could see it being used for both Anoop and Rick from this group. And, judging from some of the judges' comments, possibly even Stevie...they all know her talent, but acknowledged her downfall yesterday as poor song choice. But then, I doubt they would take all 3 wild cards from one group. We'll just have to wait and see.

On the previews for next week, I saw that Jesse Langseth is finally scheduled to be on. Will mark the first time for me that I have ever seen her on screen!

Well, Jasmine, Matt G. and Jesse (my prior favorites) didn't do as well as they could, but I still like them.

That Misha girl... not so much. Jeanine also blew it. And "Norman Gentle" is funny, but.... this isn't Comedy Central. He needs to GO HOME.

The judges ripped apart Kai and Matt B., but I didn't think they did so badly! There goes my unrefined ear again!

Can you believe that Allison is only 16? What a voice!

Megan and Kris were OK, but not standouts. I don't think they chose well.

I'm not on the Adam love train. He's got a great voice, but he overdoes it.

It's a hard call, but based on fan reception more than personal preference, I think Adam will probably make the top three. Jesse and Allison for the other two, I think, although I hope Matt G. makes it.

I was curious to see how Megan would do, and although she didn't blow me away, the judges liked her. There's just something about her I like - kind of like blond-haired Brooke from last year. I liked her personality, too.

Simon often talks about the contestants being memorable, and Adam is the most memorable of the bunch - he's got the look and he definitely can sing. I think he did what the judges want to see - show your range and your likeability.

Allison (thanks Soda for having their names handy for me) is great and can sing. Again, gave them what they're looking for.

I'd like to see Adam, Allison and Megan make it through. Even though I don't think Megan can win it, I'd like to watch her for a few more weeks.
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I just found this from Jesse last night on YouTube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmfSt62OrhI&NR=1[/ame]

And here's an interview with her and Kris

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY9TixYTVq8&feature=related[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6bKsNpD2ig"] [/ame]
    He sings it high, he plays it low