Page 14 of 268 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

I don't mind the winter, but by the time summer gets here I'm happy to see it. It's quite scary how warm it has been this past year. Winter, for us, has only just started properly in the past few days. Climate change is worrying. The scariest thing about the weather lately has to be the Tornado that hit North London

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm always ready for the change, whatever it might be. I get tired of the heat in summer and the cold in winter. I do like snow for Christmas, but now that I have kids traveling for it, I would rather it didn't snow till they get here! A few flakes falling on Christmas eve and a nice blanket of snow when we get up on Christmas morning would be perfect!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Today is the first day of my almost two week vacation. I haven't been off work at home for this long in a dog's age.

I put all the Christmas gifts in boxes with tissue and tags this morning so they just need to be wrapped. Then I went to have my hair and nails done. Tomorrow I'm going to run a few errands and wrap those boxes. Friday I'll make a new tree skirt and a double batch of pizzelles.

So this is how the other half lives? I could really get use to this.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions
    Trapped here in this flesh and bone

Stuck on the Border

We went to a employee meeting/Christmas get-together for the Falk Corp. last night. They updated us with the re-building progress. It sounds very encouraging. They're hoping to have all 700+ employees back to work by the end of January.

The meeting was closed to the public and media. As we all left, though, the media was waiting to pounce. I got a little taste of what dealing with the paparazzi must be like. The flash bulbs going off and the TV lights are blinding! I was wearing my Christchurch Eagles HFO tour jacket! A little media exposure for the boys! <G>

We had another soldier from West Bend killed in Iraq this week. He's the brother of two boys my boys are friends with. I re-call seeing this young man at swim meets watching his little brother, Tim, swim with my Tom. So tragic, especially this time of the year.

Stuck on the Border

That;'s very sad. I suppose Australia has been lucky. We have only had one fatality and that was not in combat.

It's the last day of school for the year and I was hoping to go into town. But due to my husband's insistence that I move my iPod library to our second hard drive, I am sitting here while it copies the files. I deleted a lot of stuff but it seems it will take forever.

I'm glad to hear Falk is doing better, Molly, but sad about the fatality. Death at this time of year is very hard. Before I left Purdue, I heard about one young student who had been celebrating finishing his finals, overdid it, and died of alcohol poisoning. So sad.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm very pleased to hear that Falk have planned their recovery so quickly, Molly, and that everyone has a job to go back to, and I'm also saddened to hear about one of your local boys being killed. Nancy, that is so sad about the Purdue student. I feel for both their families.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    I hate the winter. Yesterday morning I had to scratch the ice from my car the first time.
    EF, so did I! It was the first frost this year. I am driving a courtesy car at the moment. My beloved VW Passat got dented in the supermarket carpark so is in for repairs. An extra expense I could have done without at this time of year.

Julie and Z, you both sound well organised. Our tree is still outside waiting for the painter to finish the sitting room. He estimated five days and it's already day 9.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Sorry to hear that, GEF. That's really annoying.

Molly, this is great news about the recovery. But sad to hear about that killed boy.

Molly, the employees of Falk must be breathing easier now hearing that they plan to rebuild and quickly. When something of this magnitude occurs, some companies just walk away.

It's always sad to hear about the loss of life, but it is especially poignant at this time of the year.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions

If the playlist on TheTube is any indication of how this day is going to turn out, I'm definitely buying lottery tickets! First, No More Cloudy Days immediately followed by Boys of Summer. Then Joe in a clip from the Strat Pack show. Two videos later, Warren Zevon's Keep Me in Your Heart with Don, Joe and Timothy. Oh, that hug!!!

Don't worry. I'll remember you all when they announce my winning lottery numbers.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions