Page 13 of 268 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

This continues to be one of the wildest Christmases I have ever had. When we got to church tonight to watch the Children’s Christmas pageant, there was a fire truck, ambulance and five police cars in the church’s tiny parking lot. We found out that one of the little old ladies in our congregation was trying to park her car, got the brake and the gas pedal mixed up, and drove her car into the wall of the church’s Sunday School hallway! Her car was literally buried halfway into the back wall of our church. It looked like something you would see on television. Everyone was in the front of the church for the pageant, so the amazing thing was, NO ONE was hurt, not even the driver of the car. Our pastor, with his face white as a sheet, came out and said the pageant would start a little late, but that everyone was fine, and about 10 minutes later, all the kids filed into the sanctuary.

It was unbelievable. We absolutely had a guardian angel watching over our church tonight. Never a dull moment around here!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Z, your Christmas cookie marathon sounds like lots of fun-not!

I used to make the cut out sugar cookies with my kids (like you too, Dana) when they were little and I remember that mess! This year I made candy (by myself-no kids "helping"). I am going to feel "neighborly" and make up little plates of candy and distribute to my oh so friendly neighbors (there are 5 houses on my road). Maybe this will bring cheer to some of them!

Dana, hope all goes well with your Mom. How they do some of that stuff, I can't even imagine. But thank goodness they do and it most of the time works!

Nancy, you sound like my daughter. I asked her if she put up a tree and she said no. She is gone to work all day usually till late and just comes home and goes to bed, so why bother? They have one at work and that's enough for her!. Plus, she said her cat would probably destroy one! Then, she'll be coming home for a few days over Christmas, too. She lives is Austin.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Dana, that is another amazing escape. Thank goodness no one was hurt. The number of times I hear tell of similar accidents with little old ladies and automatic cars.

Brooke, that's a nice thought to be kind to your neighbours. Good luck!

Btw, I meant to say that I HEARD THE EAGLES AT WORK TODAY. They played 'Please Come Home For Christmas'. I had to check something out in the main office, and was probably hanging around with a vacant expression, but it made my morning!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Wow, Dana, guess that guardian angel was working overtime! It's miraculous that even the little old lady didn't get hurt.

Brooke - my sister lives in Austin! I was there just this past Thanksgiving.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Once again - I'm behind on this thread. We ladies sure have a lot going on. Dana - best of luck to your mom. I hope it doesn't put too much of a damper on your family's holiday.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Brooke - my sister lives in Austin! I was there just this past Thanksgiving.
    Yeah, I remember that! It's a great town. Lindsey's dad and I have visited twice now.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Dana - good luck to your mother. My mother had to have a hip replacement in 2004. It seemed to do the trick because she walks much better now, although she has developed Type 2 diabetes.

We've got all our Christmas presents wrapped and under the tree, and it's STILL cold and rainy here.

Dana, I hope everything goes well. Sounds like it's been really busy for you lately.

Sorry about the weather, Julie. It's really cold here. We've had weeks of miserable weather, but it's changed. Now it feels like Christmas

When I left Indiana, I didn't even need a coat, which is stunning for this time of year. I want my winter!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I hate the winter. Yesterday morning I had to scratch the ice from my car the first time.