Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EAGLES DRIVING MUSIC

Default EAGLES DRIVING MUSIC

Hi,

It's great to have some good weather at last. Down here on the South West coast it's been in the 80's today. Just the kind of weather for driving along with the Eagles blasting out of the CD player. I had the audio track from Farewell 1 on in the car today as I drove along the coast, and I certainly had a 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' .

What's your favourite Eagles album for when you're driving?

Regards

Steph

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I couldn't say that I have a favourite. More that I cycle through them. Its usually a democratic decision (ie my daughter 'Timtot' decides ) At the moment its LROOE disc 2. We tend to replay 'Somebody' particularly when we can scream 'Somebodys followin' you' at the car in front. She also loves LGTIT, and IYWN as do I.......oh hell, we love them all!!

We had Solo Collection on for a while lately as well. There is something about hearing a 7 year old and a 4 year old singing 'She's a very sexy girl......' out the window. Only surpassed by 'Whose been aleepin in my bed.....'. And we don't mean Goldilocks!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I like The Best of My Love because it's a slow song. The faster the song the faster I drive. lol

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well that has certainly been the case with me and 'Take it Easy'. I drive a Ford (Focus) and always imagine I'm that girl slowin' down to take a look at ( and hopefully pick up ) Glenn !
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I love all Eagles and solo music for driving. I suppose at the moment it would be LROOE (but not right now, because I've got the Led Zeppelin box set in the car).

For me, the best songs to hear while driving are the songs with a driving beat that you can sing loud to, like Take It Easy, Heartache Tonight, Already Gone, Somebody, James Dean, Life in the Fast Lane, Out of Control, Get Over It, Too Many Hands, Victim of Love, Those Shoes - that kind of thing.

However, just for the car references alone, you gotta throw in Ol' 55.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    We had Solo Collection on for a while lately as well. There is something about hearing a 7 year old and a 4 year old singing 'She's a very sexy girl......' out the window. Only surpassed by 'Whose been aleepin in my bed.....'. And we don't mean Goldilocks!!

I don't have a CD player in my car, so I can't contribute to this thread, unfortunately. If I did, it would probably be LROOE, as I can't really get enough of the album! Glenn's "No Fun Aloud" would probably be in with a shout, too. And "Greatest Hits 1971-1975".

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

If I am touring with a couple of friends than we listen to the LROE album or the HC album..don't know why but that's our drivin' music
    But I like to listen also to Don's Building The Perfect Beast or Glenn's The Allnighter.
    And Life's Been Good is always good
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I tend to listen to lots of different music when I'm in the car. Especially if I'm by myself. The Eagles stuff is never far away, but occasionally I put in Jackson Browne, Dan Fogelberg, Simon & Garfunkle, Stevie Nicks, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, and Little Big Town. It depends on my mood.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

It depends on who's in the car with me, plug in ipod and play lots and lots of Eagles but I also mix it up a bit with Led Zeppelin, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Guns N Roses, Sweet and several others.
    He sings it high, he plays it low