Thread: Immediate Family documentary

Default Immediate Family documentary

There’s a new documentary coming out to theaters and digital on December 15 about this amazing band called Immediate Family consist of guitar players Danny Kortchmar and Waddy Wachtel, bassist Leland Sklarand drummer Russ Kunkel. Don will be interviewed for this documentary.

Here’s the trailer.

https://youtu.be/I_V7IseXrG0?si=bXO6wZzxSeM2qRNB

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Default Re: Immediate Family documentary

This is a great band. They played during Covid up in Canada. I believe most wee sessions or studio players. Some may have been the Monster group as they called themselves back in the 70's in LA. It's been a while so not sure on all the players. Waddy took Glenn's place in Linda's band. He was a vey respected session player. He played with Joe a few times but his main gig now is Stevie Nicks's music coordinator. He like Glenn is left handed but plays right handed
    He and Joe have a New Years song out from years ago.

I know Waddy, Danny and Leland. I don’t know the other guy.

I did see Waddy in Joe’s band in 2016 when Joe played in Memphis. I read just now, all four played on Don’s albums. I know Don will probably talked about Danny but he’s probably going to say something about all of them.

I surprised Joe wasn’t in it

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    He and Joe have a New Years song out from years ago.
    Yes - New Years Eve. Was famously on the movie "The Waterboy" which is a slapstick comedy fan and a big Adam Sandler fan is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I know Waddy, Danny and Leland. I don’t know the other guy.

I did see Waddy in Joe’s band in 2016 when Joe played in Memphis. I read just now, all four played on Don’s albums. I know Don will probably talked about Danny but he’s probably going to say something about all of them.

I surprised Joe wasn’t in it
    Here a video from earlier post in Joe's videos He's and ringo are playing with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytk_BzRstug

Bought it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten