Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Randy’s memorial service at The Troubadour

Default Re: Randy’s memorial service at The Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    My thinking of setting aside their differences I meant that they should just sit on opposite side of the room if needed, they don't have to talk to each other but they're there for Randy and his family. In reality I don't see Felder and Henley ever sitting in the same room.
    i agree with what you said. Anytime I hear Fedler speak about his time in the Eagles, it always starts with "I had to.."Its like he thought he was the only one there who could do anything. In articles I read about him they talk about his playing which is great, but also about his phrasing which he actually admitted that he learned it from Joe. Joe is a fantastic at it.
    Glenn can never be replaced. Sure you can get a guitar player or singer but not his personality, his drive and the fun he just seemed to have. I miss him and Joe playing together and having fun on the stage together.
    Agree. I just think Don would need security staff because you know Felder is just itching to go up to him and talk and that's the last thing Henley needs or wants. He's tried so hard to reach out through Irving, lawyers, probably messenger birds (lol), and snail mail so you know if they ended up in the same place Felder wouldn't be able to help himself. I personally side with Don Henley on this one in that I would *not* want to chance Felder coming up to me and I would not ever care to share my oxygen with him again.

Personally I think Randy would have wanted all of them there. It's a shame these personal squabbles get in the way of basic humanity but nothing surprises me anymore. And it's just as much (if not more IMO) Felder's fault as it is Don's or was Glenn's. If Felder would keep his distance and respect DH's wishes, they could have done it "together". Felder wants to laugh it off over a beer but his conduct and misdoings are no laughing matter. I would tell him to pound sand for eternity and leave me the hell alone!

So no, I'm not surprised Felder wasn't there. I am surprised however that Joe wasn't. I sure wish Joe would have gone but I'm telling myself maybe there was a logistical reason and not because Joe wouldn't feel welcome or that Joe would harbor any bad feelings. I know they weren't in the band together for very long before TBS came around but I don't know that I've ever heard Joe speak a negative thing about Randy. He talked about his social anxiety and resistance to sing TITTL but I feel he was respectful about it.

And I couldn't agree more about Glenn. Not only do you miss him from a singing/arranging/writing standpoint but his leadership of this band was second to none and his ability to be a frontman with charisma and personality was amazing. He was a fun-loving guy and while he had a temper at times, he always made good band decisions alongside Don. I also miss the Joe/Glenn interplay and the way Joe would crack Glenn up during Life's Been Good and the way they would play off each other during Funk #49. It was funny!
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 09-21-2023 at 01:04 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

By the wqy, fo we KNOW that Joe (or Felder fot that mattee) wasn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    By the wqy, fo we KNOW that Joe (or Felder fot that mattee) wasn't there?
    They haven't been mentioned as being there. I highly doubt Henley would have been there if Felder was there so it's an almost guarantee Felder was not there. As far as Joe he hasn't been reported as being there but TBS and Don and Vince Gill (lol) was. That said I'm more likely to believe Joe was there vs Felder. I think our guys have had enough of him and not just Don. I don't think Joe or Timothy want anything to do with him either. I mean you don't even hear of Bernie hanging out with Felder. Or Randy before he died. I think everyone has had their fill of him. And Bernie and Randy would have nothing to lose by reaching out to him or hanging out with him where you might argue Joe/TBS do.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Nice typos from me again there. 🤣