Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Default Re: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Irving Azoff has just negotiated a new type of deal between artists and radio for Taylor Swift, and as Don Henley may be his next artist to do so:

Henley May Follow Taylor Swift with Radio Revenue Accord

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I am not too fond of this guy. In the end, we the fans end up paying more for everything, & we all have Irving to thank for it! The rich get richer......

Stuck on the Border

In my opinion we have Irving to thank for a lot of positive things like taking the band to where it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    In my opinion we have Irving to thank for a lot of positive things like taking the band to where it is today.
    I agree.

I think Glenn was on the mark when he joked at the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame that without Azoff, the Eagles would still be in the RRHOF, but they wouldn't be as rich.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well, if Irving gets his way, don't be surprised if you are paying 2 bucks every time you listen to a song...even in your own home because that's where this is going. He wants money every time a song is played. I mean how many billions does the guy need?
    I think the Eagles would have been successful, even without Irving. I don't really give him credit. He's not the one with the talent!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Well, if Irving gets his way, don't be surprised if you are paying 2 bucks every time you listen to a song...even in your own home because that's where this is going. He wants money every time a song is played. I mean how many billions does the guy need?
    I think the Eagles would have been successful, even without Irving. I don't really give him credit. He's not the one with the talent!
    I hope you are exaggerating. How in the wide world would even Irving be able to charge you in your own home for listening to a song? Seriously. Don't give him any credit if you don't wish to; call him hard headed & ruthless but whether you like it or not the band needed his drive & his energy. Their talent got them there but he helped them.

As Henley once said 'he may be Satan but he's our Satan' and it cannot be ignored, like him or loathe him.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I pay royalties as part of my satellite subscription. I assume because Canada airs the satellite stations as well and it's a law there, like every other country other than the US, that radio stations pay royalties. It works out for everyone else.

It's a very small percentage of my annual rate, not nearly as much as it costs to keep the satellites in space and paying the DJs. And I don't have to listen to commercials. Regular radio stations would keep the commercials. They can't outprice the market, there are too many other ways to advertise and they'll lose ad money. So I can't see it becoming a burden on anyone except the radio stations that have had a free ride in the USA since the beginning of radio.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I hope you are exaggerating. How in the wide world would even Irving be able to charge you in your own home for listening to a song? Seriously. Don't give him any credit if you don't wish to; call him hard headed & ruthless but whether you like it or not the band needed his drive & his energy. Their talent got them there but he helped them.

As Henley once said 'he may be Satan but he's our Satan' and it cannot be ignored, like him or loathe him.
    Yes, I was exaggerating, but the guy is a vulture and I do loathe him. I also believe the Eagles would have been rich & successful without him. Plenty of bands became rich without Irving Azoff.

Stuck on the Border