Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Default Re: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Ticketmaster News

Hey! Lady Gaga has some pretty good songs

Lol! I knew that comment would bring you here EL! To each their own, I guess!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Mindreaders

I remember when Christina Aguilera was first starting out as a teen (oh my gosh, I can't believe she's 30 this year). She has a great voice and I loved her! When she started going the "nasty" route with Stripped, she lost me for the most part (although I still liked some of her songs, such as "Beautiful?). That voice is still amazing. It was more Irving's usage of Twitter to encourage fans to go to YouTube and see her video that amused me, considering attitudes that have been expressed elsewhere.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

" his company's 2009 revenue was down well below expectations at $365 million from $450 million the year before."

Well it's no wonder he's upset!!! They only pulled in $365K!!

" he seems to have had it up to here with scalpers and the so-called secondary ticket business."

Excuse me- but how are they getting ahold of the best tickets in the venues before the tickets even go on sell to the public? I'd bet a vital organ that he/they are making plenty of $$ on those also!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

via Bob Lefsetz, I found out Ticketmaster now has a blog, purportedly to help the consumer understanding pricing: http://blog.ticketmaster.com/

I see where they are trying a bit but..... tell me why you charge me a fee of $2.50 to print my own ticket, with my own printer, and my own paper. That's just a little fee I'd like the answer to. So what, you are putting it all up front, but why are these fees so large? Why are tickets so expensive? And hiding them in the upfront cost really doesn't make a difference to me I guess. Bottom line-it's still the same price as they always were. How about just getting rid of the fees altogether or at least lowering them. One of our local venues has fees also, it's a whopping $2.00, PERIOD!

And the line, "One of the additional challenges in the live event business is that we as an industry often don’t price our inventory properly relative to what consumers are willing to pay. Sometimes we price it too high, sometimes we price it too low." When? Has anyone here or anyone you know ever said "that ticket was priced way to low, but I bought it anyways." .

This will be an interesting blog to follow and see where it goes from here.

They say they're doing away with the print-at-home charges (finally)!

Quote Originally Posted by "TimothyBFan
    And the line, "One of the additional challenges in the live event business is that we as an industry often don’t price our inventory properly relative to what consumers are willing to pay. Sometimes we price it too high, sometimes we price it too low." When? Has anyone here or anyone you know ever said "that ticket was priced way to low, but I bought it anyways." .
    When they say tickets have been "priced too low," they don't mean people didn't buy them at that price - quite the contrary. What they mean is that they could have made more money off of those people if they had priced it higher, because the people still would have been willing to buy the ticket at a higher price (theoretically). I think they point at ticket scalpers to justify that mentality.

That statement is a bit galling. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them in those cases? Aw, poor martyrs, pricing things lower than market value when they could have gotten more money out of us! BOO-FREAKING-HOO.

I like transparency, but what I'd like even better are lower prices for my fave bands (Eagles and Fleetwood Mac).

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    They say they're doing away with the print-at-home charges (finally)!
    I must have missed that. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    When they say tickets have been "priced too low," they don't mean people didn't buy them at that price - quite the contrary. What they mean is that they could have made more money off of those people if they had priced it higher, because the people still would have been willing to buy the ticket at a higher price (theoretically). I think they point at ticket scalpers to justify that mentality.
    I understood that, I was just being sarcastic.

That statement is a bit galling. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them in those cases? Aw, poor martyrs, pricing things lower than market value when they could have gotten more money out of us! BOO-FREAKING-HOO.
    Got that right!!! That's why I'm feeling very little remorse about the things I say about it. And I'm sure not going to feel any different just because they start a blog to try to "explain" it to stupid little ol' me!!

I like transparency, but what I'd like even better are lower prices for my fave bands (Eagles and Fleetwood Mac).
    That's what I've been saying also!!! AMEN!!