Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Default Re: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Ticketmaster News

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    He sounds like a real loser, definitely someone I wouldn't respect, no matter how rich.
    He sure has fought his way up, not caring who he hurt either, but it seems like most of the big shots leave lots of bodies behind on the road to wealth. Leave most of their humanity, compassion for others too. Got to be a mind-set, coupled with utter ruthlessness and determination, that few of us possess. Henley and Glenn love him, Henley lived with him for a while off and on in the early years. Who's to say how big the Eagles would have become if not for him. He also managed Journey during the 80s, along with other artists so he's been a busy little guy in his unique destructive way........
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Irving on Twitter!

From Lefsetz:

Irving Azoff now on Twitter: http://bit.ly/9pXtZk Yes, the real one. Follow him, send him messages, get him involved.

I doubt he'll stick with it. His very first substantive tweet: "so if you want ticket prices to go down stop stealing music." The contempt for Twitter's users - whom he apparently visualizes as a throng of unruly teens and twenty-somethings illegally downloading mp3s - is obvious.

And what a cop out! Tickets are priced according to their market value, not according to the percentile of fans who may be downloading music illegally (as if he even knows what that percentile is).

Not the best way to begin.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I think it's best I don't follow him! Just reading the above has spiked my blood pressure! What an arrogant.....
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I dunno... since his ego is so big, this is just another platform for his to "share" this thoughts.

Yeah... for your own health, stay away, Willie!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Banned

Azoff reminds me of a little troll sitting under his bridge guarding his gold.

I have been remiss on my Tweeting, but I think I'll follow him just so we can comment on his tweets here. Willie, perhaps you should skip this thread entirely, at least until I tire of reading his Twitter.

Fun from today:

Glenn Peoples of Billboard comments on the tweet we quoted above (scroll down): Business Matters

Azoff's tweet in response: "glenn peoples u r a jerk. how dare you twist that personal overview thought to be bad news for consumers and shareholders. uknowbetter"

Perez Hilton tweets on it as well: "I love artists. But blaming concertgoers for ticket prices is wrong. Wrong attitude. Wrong approach."

Azoff's response: "not blaming. Justpointing out that it's theonly way an artist can pay their bills anymore"

Maybe he will stick with this after all! He has tweeted several times today, mostly to promote Christina Aguilera. Apparently her new album will "blow [our] minds" and we should immediately go see the video for "You Lost Me" which is "one of the greatest performances ever by a female artist" (high praise)! He tells fans that seeing the video for the song will "help make it a hit!"

Azoff obviously understands the marketing potential of YouTube. Apparently he has been unable to convince the Eagles of it. What a shame! @eagles listen 2 ur BFF @irvingazoff!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

He really is a funny little "Satan" isn't he? What a jerk!

It's like a car wreck--I just can't seem to look away even tho I know it will repulse me!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Maybe he will stick with this after all! He has tweeted several times today, mostly to promote Christina Aguilera. Apparently her new album will "blow [our] minds" and we should immediately go see the video for "You Lost Me" which is "one of the greatest performances ever by a female artist" (high praise)! He tells fans that seeing the video for the song will "help make it a hit!"

Azoff obviously understands the marketing potential of YouTube. Apparently he has been unable to convince the Eagles of it. What a shame! @eagles listen 2 ur BFF @irvingazoff!
    I bit. I went to YouTube and watched the video he's promoting and remembered that Christina did that song on the American Idol finale. Not having been a fan, this is what I posted about her performance in the AI thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid
    I always enjoy the finale show. Whenever someone starts to sing a song, you know the person or band who made the song famous is going to come out. Last night was fun, perhaps better than last year. I enjoyed Chicago - just brought back great memories for me and although I don't know very much Christina Aguilara I was blown away by her performance. That's the way it's done - you don't need a weird performance gimmick - just go out there and sing.
    I believe I was comparing her to Lady Gag Me - I mean Gaga.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.