Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Default Re: Irving Azoff and/or Ticketmaster News

I've read this thread from start to finish today - and now I need a drink! It's seriously depressing. Not wishing to sound naive, I know it's all about business and money-making, but geez! It shouldn't be. It really does making you lose respect for the artists, even if guys like Irving are pulling the strings. The artists have to be complicit, surely?

Jon Bon Jovi was asked about ticket prices on This Morning, in the last week (a UK magazine show.) He seemed quite taken aback, he stuttered quite a lot and basically said that he wasn't aware that prices had been particularly high, immediately questioned which newspaper had printed this, and then seemed to kind of back down and said "Well, I guess I AM in control of it... although obviously I'm not right now. If there's a problem, I'll look into it." Either he didn't have a clue, or he was just covering (badly). It all seems so seedy and messy - and completely deceitful. So much for: "you don’t have a f**king clue what those men up in the towers are doing to me and you, and they’ll keep doin’ it and doin’ it until we wake up." And what exactly ARE we meant to do once we 'wake up'? It seems we don't really have a choice.

This is the problem though. Despite how much Ticketmaster and the whole practice pisses me off, I'm giving them money. I know how much I love Don Henley and the Eagles, and I know I would be prepared to pay the highest price I could to see them. Even if I knew, in my head, it was an obscene amount to pay for a concert. That's my own stupidity - but it's exactly what Irving & Crew prey on.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

But the barons in the balcony are laughing
    And pointing to the pit
    They say, “Aw look, they’ve grown accustomed to the smell
    Now, people love that shit
    And we're workin’ it.”

- Don Henley

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This is really pathetic. If this all comes down, I've probably gone to my last big concert. It's a shame that the average fan will not be able to afford to see their favorite band. Most of the tickets will go to the rich people.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

As I read on and on here, I'm more and more happy I finally got to see them twice last year because I've already said there will be no more of me spending that kind of money for a concert ever again (unless I win that dumb lottery) and this just seals that deal. I can't afford them to be any higher!

I'm with you Troub-it p*sses me off that I have actually done it then I want to sit here and b*tch about doing it! They got my money! You know what makes me just as mad as the price of the ticket, the whole outrageous fee thing! Like I said in the Jonny Lang thread, my 3 tickets that had face values of $49.00 a piece ended up also costing me $32.00 extra in fees- almost the price of another ticket- and included in that is a $2.50 fee for printing them off with my ink in my printer using my electric. WTH?

The only way to put a stop to it is when they can no longer sell tickets because everyone decides not to give them anymore money. Like that will ever happen! But this is one chick that will NOT be dong it any longer. I made a vow months ago no more tickets over $50.00-$60.00 each. Limits the concerts I go to but something has to be done!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Should be interesting to see how it works when Walmart starts selling Ticketmaster tickets! Wonder if my friends that still work there would get a discount.......nah......this is Irving and Ticketmaster we're talking about. lol

I've divvied up this thread to try and make it easier for people to find things on specific topics. It was a freaking nightmare because I had to deal with...

1) Posts about Irving Azoff's Personal Life
    2) Posts about Irving Azoff as Eagles manager
    3) Posts about Irving Azoff as Ticketmaster CEO
    4) Posts about Eagles on Ticketmaster or Eagles ticket prices
    5) Post about other acts on Ticketmaster or prices in general
    6) Some combination of the above which I will have to categorize using my discretion about where it would best fit
    7) Some combination of the above where there are replies involved that it would be problematic to separate from other posts, even though they may not be about the exact same issues

But, I've done my best. So, in addition to this thread, I've created two others into which I've re-categorized some posts:

Irving Azoff news (Eagles-related)

Eagles Ticket Prices

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Ticketmaster News

Cool Nancy! It was beginning to get a but bunged up. Thanks.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

And the Ticketmaster/LiveNation merger's happening, it appears, with some modifications.

See the Department of Justice site regarding Antitrust.

For a summary rather than the full DOJ release, go here.

Well what da ya know! Someone with good lawyers put it together and the Powers That Be took notice and did something about it.

I hope it does end up trickling down to concert goers.

MikeA

Looks like Axl Rose has earned Irving's ire!

Axl Rose Sued by Ex-Manager