Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Default Re: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Interesting - will wait to hear whether he stays involved with Frontline (i.e. Eagles management). Fingers crossed it all works out.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I believe from what I have read that he will stay on as manager of the Eagles (under Azoff Music Management) and Front Line will have first right of refusal for much of the tour promo for the Eagles in the next two years.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2935011.story

Also an Q&A with Irving that explains it prettty well

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indus...08064362.story

Thanks for the info. I'm glad he's not part of that organization anymore, as I am often frustrated with them!

ETA: Reading the Billboard article sure is interesting!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

He spent New Years with the Henleys. I wonder if that is part of any 'strategy'. I also wonder if he has ever spent New Years with the Freys. He has always seemed to be closer to Don than to the other band members.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hmmm - I'm not sure I would agree with your assessment of Irvings' friendships with various band members, FP. Remember, Irving lives in L.A. and I'm pretty sure he interacts with Glenn quite a bit when they are both in town. I know that Irving was very closely involved in all of events that Glenn performed with Deacon and his production company friends, including the shows at The Roxy and House of Blues. In addition, I've heard several rumblings of them being jointly involved in various things and I think the two men spend quite a few evenings together at Lakers games as well. Just sayin'.

In any event, I'm actually kinda glad that he's giving this up as well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    He spent New Years with the Henleys. I wonder if that is part of any 'strategy'. I also wonder if he has ever spent New Years with the Freys. He has always seemed to be closer to Don than to the other band members.
    Well, he was pretty tight with Joe, at least in the past! Perhaps he and Don have more in common nowadays, though. Don't they have kids around the same age? I don't know that for sure - I have such a bad memory for that kind of thing.

Anyway, I think it was probably more pleasure than business, and there's nothing wrong with that. I daresay Glenn doesn't keep a scorecard as to how much time Irving spends with Don vs. how much time Irving spends with him! There's certainly no reason for us to concern ourselves with that either.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I don't necessarily think this needs its own thread, so I'll tuck it here, since Irving is pretty much as much as Eagle as the guys on stage....

Irving did a photo shoot with famed photographer, Terry Richardson. Terry is a bit avant-garde and out there--his images are interesting, but in real life, he's sort of gives me a "creepy uncle" vibe. Anyway, Irving posed with actor/musician, Jared Leto...who's in drag. I have nooo idea how this all came out--perhaps Irving is more hipster than we think--but it makes for an interesting image:

SOURCE

Perhaps this is Irving's holiday card image this year.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

That is seriously the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. The fact that Irving looks so uncomfortable makes it even worse. He definitely has no intention of taking those hands out of his pockets hahaha!!! If I didn't know it is a Terry Richardson, I would think this weirdness is photoshopped (I don't think it is, because nobody could think this one up if it didn't actually happen.) I'm now wondering if Irving has something to do with 30 Seconds to Mars, Leto's band. It would be easy enough to find out, but I don't care that much.

Stuck on the Border

We have a thread about any news about Irving which is non-Eagles related.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...read.php?t=806

I believe I read somewhere that Irving is Annabel's (DOn's daughter) godfather..